Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone remember this band?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

no, cant help you there.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Which one are you Corsendonk?;)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I remember them well. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

Yes recall them practicing in Eoin's house when I used to be down with friends. I see 3 of them still regularly around Rush, perhaps they all are.

Corsendonk - would you like to see an reunion ? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Hill Billy wrote: »
    I remember them well. :)

Thats pretty good video quality for 1986. I can't remember ever seening them live myself.

Now for something more modern, I came across this from Skerries.

P.S if any posters here happened to be the blonde sitting next the singer PM me but only if you still have that outfit!:D

• Advertisement

Anyone got vids of The Pink Hurts, EZ Feelin', etc.? This thread is bringing back many memories of great nights of Upstairs in Joe Mays & The Harbour Bar. Not to mention one particularly disasterous night in The Old Mill, but that's another story. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Hauk

And another Skerries band.

And another live performance:

Anyone got vids of The Pink Hurts, EZ Feelin', etc.? This thread is bringing back many memories of great nights of Upstairs in Joe Mays & The Harbour Bar. Not to mention one particularly disasterous night in The Old Mill, but that's another story. :o

EZ Feelin- seems they played O'Keefe's in Kilcock too from the comments of the poster of the Youtube Vids. A great pub just beside the canal.

Some background noise from the Vinyl

I came across this list of Irish bands from the 80s that played the Baggot Inn, perhaps someone can tell us if any of them ever played Joe Mays or The Harbour Bar. I know Aslan always played in The Harbour Bar.
    Microdisney, Engine Alley, Lord John White, The D11 Runners, An Emotional Fish, A House, Blue in Heaven, The 4 of Us, Fatima Mansions, Something Happens, The Subterraneans, Cry Before Dawn, Cactus World News, Katmandu, The Stunning, The Forget Me Nots, Aslan, Those Nervous Animals, The Water Boys, Light a Big Fire, Fat Lady Sings, The Radiators from Space, Whipping Boy, The Blades, That Petrol Emotion, Tokyo Olympics.

And I've seen most, if not all, over the years. I had the pleasure of meeting Steve Wickham of The Waterboys last summer in Bern. Saw him playing in the Seamus Ennis Center in The Naul a few weeks ago too.

But The Blades - now they were just class! I used to see Paul Cleary regularly in Ryan's on Upper Baggot Street when I worked over that way. Ah, memories.

• Advertisement

And I've seen most, if not all, over the years. I had the pleasure of meeting Steve Wickham of The Waterboys last summer in Bern. Saw him playing in the Seamus Ennis Center in The Naul a few weeks ago too.

But The Blades - now they were just class! I used to see Paul Cleary regularly in Ryan's on Upper Baggot Street when I worked over that way. Ah, memories.

Some Blades Classics

Have you ever heard of these? There described as Psychobilly. Strange mix of punk and 50s sounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Corsendonk wrote: »

Yeah I remember them well. Eamon (Butsey) and Eoin (Boyler) still around quite a bit. They were quite popular back then.

Remember EZ Feeling appearing on a talent show on R.T.E doing a cover of the Toto song "Africa" and B.P Fallon lashing them out of it.. If I remember correctly they were excellent at doing cover versions of Eagles songs.

Bands I remember The Zen Alligators, Les E'nfants, Rob Strong band. The negatives, Intua nua, They were usually upstairs in Cradle Rock, which was called The Vikings Rest.

We were spoilt with some of the bands from Freddy white, Wild Geese, Stoktens Wing, Don Baker.

The scene then seemed to shift a little with Bands like Laurie Hartz performing a more sedate cabraet type set. Then we also had what I think was one of the vocalists of the time Pat Sheridan who usually played the back lounge of the Harbour Bar on a Sunday night. 10 pm closing back then

Jeaney how did I forget The Posers
    You didnt ned to smoke to leave one of their gigs high, people didnt dance they floated. Really good band.

Oh Just remembered Gay Woods (?), lead singer with Les enfants had a big hit with a song November November. Will see if I can find it

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Iggy Pop

Check out this site if you haven't seen it already. Has loads of stuff on '80s Dublin and Irish bands.
    Shark Bait used to busk on Grafton St if I remember right. Similar music to 'Those Handsome Devils'. Anyone remember them?

http://www.irishrock.org/index.html

What about Risky Business? They back together again & supported Horslips in Castlebar last November.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭CorsendonkX

I know these song probably deserves a thread on its own.......sure LeoB has the album in his collection:D. From Rush's only Clay Pigeon Crooner and probably the World's only:pac:

Lets hope he uploads the rest of the Album, I can't wait to hear The Clay Busters Ballad.

CorsendonkX - permabanned! :p

I know these song probably deserves a thread on its own.......sure LeoB has the album in his collection:D. From Rush's only Clay Pigeon Crooner and probably the World's only:pac:

Lets hope he uploads the rest of the Album, I can't wait to hear The Clay Busters Ballad.

Where do ya dig them up from? Some man is Richard. A few locals over the years have recorded albums in a local studio, a local welder who has a nice tenor voice and a good singer I played football with who can belt out a good song just like his late father.

I met a man at a match last week and as we commiserated over our loss (hammering) we actually remembered some great sing songs which took place around Rush and rest of NCD.

Are Paper chase still on the go? They were a great dance band for Dinner dances and weddings. I was at a few functions they played at and they actually played at my wedding

• Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

We've a CD here in the house from the Loopliners. Himself mother and stephdad were mates with one of the musicians, they worked for Fingal CoCo together. Very sorry to say that I never saw them live myself!

The Loopliners were regulars in the The Boot Inn, the BIg Three and the Estuary Pub in Swords. Some crackers can be found over on the YouTubes.

http://youtu.be/E7-ANuiBvcQ

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭SpatialPlanner

LeoB wrote: »
    Oh Just remembered Gay Woods (?), lead singer with Les enfants had a big hit with a song November November. Will see if I can find it

Leo,

Gay Woods sang with Auto Da Fé a great pop band that played the Harbour Bar on many an occasion. Trevor Knight was the keyboard player. Here's November November:

Although I seem to recall "All is Yellow" was their biggest hit.

• Advertisement

Ah here... this thread is making me feel old! :D

Cactus World News had a NCD link in that Fergal McAndris played bass for them. He's the son of "This is Your Life" host, Eamon Andrews and as far as I can recall, Fergal ran a recording studio from his house in Donabate.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 BalbrigganGirl

Fab thread even if it makes me feel so old !
    Saw most of those bands in the day too - cool memories !

Great music videos there,
    Thanks spatial planner for correcting me on Gay Woods. Not sure I saw them in the Harbour bar but there was certainly a very good music scene around NCD back then.

Anyone remember Anvil? A Swords based band who were very good, more of a show band sound than pop. Ray Clarke and Tubby Walsh were 2 members of Anvil and both were painters in Fingal C.C. See Tubby an odd time in Swords in The Harp (Carnegie court) Nice lads

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭CorsendonkX

Probably the most successful Musical Act from Skerries!!!
    http://www.irish-showbands.com/Bands/graduates.htm

8th in the Irish Charts in 1965!

Probably the most successful Musical Act from Skerries!!!
    http://www.irish-showbands.com/Bands/graduates.htm

8th in the Irish Charts in 1965!

If I'm correct, the lead singer of that band was the former Principal of Fingal Community College in Swords. A gentleman if ever I met one and still lives with his wife in Skerries. A local celebrity indeed! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

Jeaney how did I forget The Posers
    You didnt ned to smoke to leave one of their gigs high, people didnt dance they floated. Really good band.

The Posers are playing in the Pillo hotel Ashbourne on the 17th of August as part of a reunion for the Gathering.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

Corsendonk wrote: »

Vocals dont but instrumentation reminds me of Dire straits.

nudger wrote: »
    The Posers are playing in the Pillo hotel Ashbourne on the 17th of August as part of a reunion for the Gathering.

Do you know is it the original line-up? Fintan Morrison was a decent ball player with Garristown. Forget the other lads names but met one of them last year. Thank god he didnt remember some of the antics from the Vikings Rest:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

Do you know is it the original line-up? Fintan Morrison was a decent ball player with Garristown. Forget the other lads names but met one of them last year. Thank god he didnt remember some of the antics from the Vikings Rest:o

It's the Garristown mob that are doing the reunion, Fintan's in good form, you will find him more often on the Island these days.

• Advertisement

nudger wrote: »
    It's the Garristown mob that are doing the reunion, Fintan's in good form, you will find him more often on the Island these days.

Eh The Island?

Advertisement