Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SKy+ Box keeps freezing

• 25-03-2011 10:09am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭

Hi

I have a pace sky+ box. Recently the picture has started to freeze for a second or 2 every now and again. It happens on all channels. The signal quality looks good when i go into signal test.

Could the box be slowly dying? Is it time for a sky HD box?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 233 ✭✭Digital Satellite TV

glineli wrote: »
    Hi

I have a pace sky+ box. Recently the picture has started to freeze for a second or 2 every now and again. It happens on all channels. The signal quality looks good when i go into signal test.

thanks

Might be but you could try a software reload and /or re-format (you'll lose whatevers save though)on the box before you rush out and thrown your hard earned dough at it.

http://www.tvtrade.ie/troubleshooting-sky-tv-issues.html

Apologies for the quality of the video. It was one of our earlier ones and was done with a horrible little camera from the stone ages but you'll get the jist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

I'd phone up sky to ask. i have always found them extra helpful.

If it is a problem with the box the might replace for free... i think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,408 ✭✭✭✭muffler

samhail wrote: »
    If it is a problem with the box the might replace for free... i think
    Unless it's under warranty they wont.

I had to pat €100 recently to have a box replaced and all they give you then is a reconditioned one.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭tony melia

That happened to me i just changed scart lead no problem since

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Hi

I have a pace sky+ box. Recently the picture has started to freeze for a second or 2 every now and again. It hahe ppens on all channels. The signal quality looks good when i go into signal test.

thanks

that has actually happened me not to long ago too. They refused to fix / replace it as its over 12 months, so i thought i'd be smart and I threatened to take out my subscription they said go ahead still weren't replacing my box! they wouldn't sell me a new + box either(as muffler said) and there is also no guarantee with the reconed boxes.

In the end it worked out cheaper for me to I get in the HD subscription for 12 months (that comes with a free HD box and installation) than to buy a new HD box because i wasn't buying an un-guaranteeing reconed box.....

Morale of the story, sky Always win in the end, robbing bas......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭Groom!

There's a whirring noise like a fan coming from my SKY+ box today and I haven't a clue what it is.

It seems from what I am reading above like Sky don't really repair them so will I just wait till it explodes and then go for a Sky HD?

How much is the HD does anyone know?

Thanks in advance

Groom! wrote: »
    There's a whirring noise like a fan coming from my SKY+ box today and I haven't a clue what it is.

It seems from what I am reading above like Sky don't really repair them so will I just wait till it explodes and then go for a Sky HD?

How much is the HD does anyone know?

Thanks in advance

€15 per month...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Lebus

Hi

thanks
    I also had this problem so i rang up sky & they went step by step through wat i had 2 do 2 fix it & its bn perfect ever since,guess 6 months now:cool: was fixed using the remote control (was a setting problem)
    Hope this helps:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭glineli

Thanks for all the replies.

I rang sky this morning, 249 for a new box, which is a HD box. However i can take a sky HD sub where i get a box for free, 30 for installation and 7.50 a month then. Thats not too bad, half thinking about it.

Thanks for all the replies.

I rang sky this morning, 249 for a new box, which is a HD box. However i can take a sky HD sub where i get a box for free, 30 for installation and 7.50 a month then. Thats not too bad, half thinking about it.

7.50? I take it thats an introductory offer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭glineli

Introductory for 12 months, so happy enough with that offer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Ms Happy

If your box freezes this is what you do.....
    • press services on your remote
    • select option 4
    • then press 0 then 1 (not options on the menu)
    • this will open a new menu, the bottom 2 options are what you want (think they are options 6 & 7. I'm in work so I can't check)
    one of them is a complete reset, which will delete anything recorded
    And the second system reset which will turn off your box and reboot it (takes about 2 minutes)

I have to reboot mine every 2 weeks or so. apparently its down to how much you record, pause etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,408 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I was going to cancel the HD sub a few weeks ago and they give it to me for €7.50 also.

I also got free mutiroom from them. Happy days. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Lebus

muffler wrote: »
    I was going to cancel the HD sub a few weeks ago and they give it to me for €7.50 also.

I also got free mutiroom from them. Happy days. :D

I gotta ring up & say i wanna cancel my sky;)

Advertisement