Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much would it cost to re-roof a cottage?

Options
  • 25-03-2011 10:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭

Am viewing a cottage, 2 bedrooms, about 70 years old. It may require a new roof. I know nobody can accurately say but can anyone give a rough suggestion as to what it might cost?. The cottage while not derelict is in disrepair and I need to work out what upgrading it would cost. There will also be plumbing, central heating, rewiring, need for a formal driveway. Is it a surveyor I'd require for an analysis?. I'd appreciate any advice.
    Danke schoen!
    F:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭endasmail

re roof it as in
    strip roof
    cut in new roof
    re tile it or slate it ???????

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭ballykev

70 years old it may need a small beam around the top if its going to be re roofed to take wall plate

would need to know roughly the size of it to give you price for re roofing though i.e rough length of rafter / length of house

Advertisement