Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cut

Options
  • 25-03-2011 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭

hi
    A quick question was anybody heard of a baby geting cut during a section?We were in visiting a friend who had a baby by section on tuesday and the little girl had got a cut that required 2 stitch's in the side of her head,we were quiet shocked by this as my wife is due to have her section in 4 weeks time and we nerver heard of this before,a couple of inches lower and she could have been scared for life or he could of got her eye :eek: .Is this a common thing to happen.The nurses and doctors are all saying that it quiet a common thing to happen but i am unsure if this true.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

harr wrote: »
    hi
    A quick question was anybody heard of a baby geting cut during a section?We were in visiting a friend who had a baby by section on tuesday and the little girl had got a cut that required 2 stitch's in the side of her head,we were quiet shocked by this as my wife is due to have her section in 4 weeks time and we nerver heard of this before,a couple of inches lower and she could have been scared for life or he could of got her eye :eek: .Is this a common thing to happen.The nurses and doctors are all saying that it quiet a common thing to happen but i am unsure if this true.

I don't think its a common thing to happen, but it's one of the risks. Its surgery after all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Wouldn't say it was common but it is one of the associated risks with c sections. If you're worried, speak to the consultant.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

not overly worried about it just a bit shocked to think that it could happen one of the senior nurses said she has only seen it on 2 other occasions and both times it was on the baby's bottom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

harr wrote: »
    not overly worried about it just a bit shocked to think that it could happen one of the senior nurses said she has only seen it on 2 other occasions and both times it was on the baby's bottom.

Baby was possibly breech or transverse if it was on the bottom! They're using a scalpel to cut through the abdomen, it's possible if the babies head is pushing off the womb that it could get nicked.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

that's exactly what the nurse said to them,the babys head was pressing up against the stomach and when doctor cut in the baby got a nick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

Happened to a lady who was on the Holles Street ward with me, her baby got a cut at the back of the head, superficial only but on such a small baby it still looked bad. A friend of mine (not from Ireland, here in the USA)'s baby got cut badly and required plastic surgery later, but that is extremely rare.

Advertisement