Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FIS question?

• 25-03-2011 10:53am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭

ok back the end of february my partner applied for fis he works more then 19 hours and takes home €320 after tax we have 3 children

im getting a jobseekers payment of €129 per week i put this on the form i know they add this income as means when we are assessed

but my question is will they disallow the claim because im getting a jsb payment? or is it only when the claimant is getting a sw payment any replies greatly appreciated thanks

and my job seekers benefit is running out very shortly anyone know if i can get a job seekers allowance payment when my partner has applied for fis?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

According to the citizens info site you can not claim Fis if you are receiving JSB,JSA.A quick calculation would indicate that you could get 228 euro a week on Fis.

Income limit for 3 children = 703 - income of 320 = 383, 60% of 383 = 228 aprox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Granger13

lisar816 wrote: »
    ok back the end of february my partner applied for fis he works more then 19 hours and takes home €320 after tax we have 3 children

im getting a jobseekers payment of €129 per week i put this on the form i know they add this income as means when we are assessed

but my question is will they disallow the claim because im getting a jsb payment? or is it only when the claimant is getting a sw payment any replies greatly appreciated thanks

and my job seekers benefit is running out very shortly anyone know if i can get a job seekers allowance payment when my partner has applied for fis?

As long as you are not claiming for your partner as a qualifed adult on your payment then he should have no problem claiming a FIS Payment. FIS will count all of your income and your partners income.

Advertisement