Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free BB upgrade was not free

Options
  • 25-03-2011 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭

I was called by an Eircom sales rep on 2nd March offering to upgrade my BB from 8Mb NGB to 24Mb NGB FREE OF CHARGE. I was a bit skeptical that it was really free of charge and he assured me it was, they were trying to offer something to their existing customers - the only catch was that you would be agreeing to a 12 month contract. I asked him to confirm by email that this was a free upgrade and that there would be no impact on my existing terms & conditions or my existing phone package. His email states: "the associated talktime will stay exactly as it is".

So why when I got my bill this morning do I see I have been changed to Talktime Chatter which is €4 more than the Talktime Friends I was on? Customer services were not much use - they maintained I changed package on 2 March which is untrue, as my correspondence with the sales rep shows, I agreed to a free Broadband upgrade only, not a change in package. Anyway Customer services rep said the old package no longer exists so can't put me back on it but suggested I contact complaints. I don't want to make a complaint, I want my old Talktime package restored at the same price. Can anyone here from Eircom please look in to this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Poochie05 wrote: »
    I was called by an Eircom sales rep on 2nd March offering to upgrade my BB from 8Mb NGB to 24Mb NGB FREE OF CHARGE. I was a bit skeptical that it was really free of charge and he assured me it was, they were trying to offer something to their existing customers - the only catch was that you would be agreeing to a 12 month contract. I asked him to confirm by email that this was a free upgrade and that there would be no impact on my existing terms & conditions or my existing phone package. His email states: "the associated talktime will stay exactly as it is".

So why when I got my bill this morning do I see I have been changed to Talktime Chatter which is €4 more than the Talktime Friends I was on? Customer services were not much use - they maintained I changed package on 2 March which is untrue, as my correspondence with the sales rep shows, I agreed to a free Broadband upgrade only, not a change in package. Anyway Customer services rep said the old package no longer exists so can't put me back on it but suggested I contact complaints. I don't want to make a complaint, I want my old Talktime package restored at the same price. Can anyone here from Eircom please look in to this?

Hi Poochie05,

Can you private message me with your telephone number or account number and I will look into that for you.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

PM sent., thanks.

PM sent., thanks.

Hi Poochie05,

Thanks for sending on your telephone number and some more information. IT may take a few days to investigate this but I will be back to you later this week.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I was also offered this package and availed of it, so far I'm very unhappy with it but that's another thread...

However I think it was very unfair to offer this to customers and lock them into a 12 month contract and then drop the 8mb bb and talk time packages we were on to €39 instead of €59 for 6 months.

It would've been fairer in my opinion to let customers know there was a price change in the offing as that 20 euro a month may have been more important to many than a minimal bb speed increase as many of us have found our lines are nowhere near capable of 24mb.

PM sent., thanks.

Hi Poochie05,

I sent you a PM, If you get back to me with what you think?

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement

I was also offered this package and availed of it, so far I'm very unhappy with it but that's another thread...

However I think it was very unfair to offer this to customers and lock them into a 12 month contract and then drop the 8mb bb and talk time packages we were on to €39 instead of €59 for 6 months.

It would've been fairer in my opinion to let customers know there was a price change in the offing as that 20 euro a month may have been more important to many than a minimal bb speed increase as many of us have found our lines are nowhere near capable of 24mb.

Hi _Whimsical_,

Can you PM your eircom telephone number or account number and I can look into the change of package order for you.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Has anyone actually achieved anything close to 24mb in Wexford (I note the OP is from wexford). Currently on 8mb with Vodafone but very interested to up my speed if possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

funkyflea wrote: »
    Has anyone actually achieved anything close to 24mb in Wexford (I note the OP is from wexford). Currently on 8mb with Vodafone but very interested to up my speed if possible.

Hi funkyflea,

Thanks for contacting the eircom Forum. If you need further information on eircom broadband / NGB or specific online offers - Check our website :

http://www.eircom.net/broadband/readyreckoner/

Let me know if I can help further.

Ant

Advertisement