Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Transfers for next season (including transfer rumours!)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

thebaz wrote: »
    somehow I doubt the ball boy is in the academy :confused:

Sigh... If you have to explain a joke it shows how bad a joke it was :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭darragh_haven

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    Robbie Fruean is a bit of a mixed bag, has not really fulfilled early promise. He looked a great player 2 years ago, but that is probably due to the space afforded to him by opposition defenders who were kept busy by Sonny Bill Williams, Guildford, Maitland and Dagg. He benefited from the space created by the others, so I think they made him look like a better players than he actually is. Did not see him that much last season, but when I did he looked pretty poor and off his game. Maybe a change of scene would benefit him.

I watched 7 or 8 videos of him on YouTube last night, he looked powerful, always had his arm out in front of him going into a tackle to fend off the tackler (piri weepu got shunt back)! That said, the back line is sensational around him and might not be too hard to look good.
    I'm going to ask my college buddy who's living in Wellington, where he heard the rumour. (or was it a friend of a friend type thing)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Jean Bouilhou not getting an extension at Toulouse, all set for Lydiate to replace him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭FrannoFan

Rumour from Gerry Thornley in todays paper that Conway on his way to Munster. Half way through 2 year deal so seems surprising. With Fionn Carr going thought he would still have a future here.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Not Playing Tiddlywinks Vinny

Jean Bouilhou not getting an extension at Toulouse, all set for Lydiate to replace him.

Dan Lydiate already signed for Racing hasn't he!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Fishooks13

Not sure if its been mentioned here but Johnny Sexton has singed a contract with a French club

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 756 ✭✭✭4PP

Dan Lydiate already signed for Racing hasn't he!

Thats the last I heard, along with Roberts....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Fishooks13 wrote: »
    Not sure if its been mentioned here but Johnny Sexton has singed a contract with a French club

He tried to set it on fire???

Good news for Leinster so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Paul Warwick is leaving Stade Francais for Worcester.

http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,25883,16024_8434733,00.html

Hmm a Parisian club losing a fly half, where's that can opener;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭BoarHunter

and Van Den Merwe from Leinster to Stade Francais

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭ssaye

BoarHunter wrote: »
    and Van Den Merwe from Leinster to Stade Francais

What?

Fishooks13 wrote: »

Thanks for posting, someone might have missed it! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭jamiedav2011

Ah here, this has to be a bad dream.

You'll know for sure in April but they sound pretty sure about the information.

No dream, its happening. Common knowledge over here as opposed to where JS will go.

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

4PP wrote: »
    No dream, its happening. Common knowledge over here as opposed to where JS will go.
    Montpellier, Clermont or Racing? One of those 3, right?

awec wrote: »

Clermont declared a while ago that they would not be making any big changes, can't see how Monty could afford him..............so..........

Of course this is pure speculation. I'm just surprised there has not been a leak, really. The T14 is generally a sieve for this sort of thing.......

Don't see Galthie moving from Montpellier, Don't see Clermont changing either and Racing have already signed the Coaching team from Castres

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

4PP wrote: »
    Clermont declared a while ago that they would not be making any big changes, can't see how Monty could afford him..............so..........

Of course this is pure speculation. I'm just surprised there has not been a leak, really. The T14 is generally a sieve for this sort of thing.......
    Yea but Racing also declared they weren't signing sexton... :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Yea but Racing also declared they weren't signing sexton... :p

IRUPA of which Sexton is the chairman tweeted he is off to Racing.

[Removed Image]images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSPQtJs1I2sxl1Ad4NJxMxyKR9Rg9sCb2m4jupy1shnJ02PFOao

Leinster are on the look out for a new oh & this chap is in the running, strong competition from Toulon though, fingers crossed ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 mickeyinsider

Leinster are to enquire about Adam Ashley Cooper or Drew Mitchell as a replacement for Isa Nacewa. Apparently he wants to raise the kids in NZ so won't be renewing. I don't personally agree with those player choices, it's just what I'm hearing on what Schmidt is looking at.

MI

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Isn't Mitchell an out and out winger?

Ashely Cooper being more versatile would be a better option of the two I think as he could play 11, 13, 14, or 15.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

I like Adam Two-Fathers, good player on his day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭GerM

Schmidt will have limited involvement in the replacement for Nacewa given their contracts expire at the same time. Leinster shouldn't bother renewing Nacewa's contract anyway. He'll be 32 and taking up a valuable NIQ spot.

AAC and Mitchell would both be 30 when Nacewa finishes up. They've both had major injuries in their careers and probably aren't as good as they once were. I'd prefer AAC though if we were genuinely looking at them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭Wexfordboy89

didnt know were else to post this but for any one interested stephen donald is leaving bath at the end of the season to play in japan

http://www1.skysports.com/rugby-union/news/12553/8611445/Aviva-Premiership-Bath-fly-half-Stephen-Donald-to-join-Mitsubishi-Dynaboars

Gray on the move again. (Castres)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/22336530

Another 'marquee' player of one of the Celtic nations on way to France.

We (Leinster) should have signed him last year!

Given the way it worked out for him at Sale maybe it's best ye didn't!

• Advertisement

Yeah, he's overrated imo. Lots of potential and a great athlete, but I'm far more happy with McCarthy and Roux tbh. Roux, after a season or two of Leinster conditioning, will be great I think...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

.ak wrote: »
    Yeah, he's overrated imo. Lots of potential and a great athlete, but I'm far more happy with McCarthy and Roux tbh. Roux, after a season or two of Leinster conditioning, will be great I think...

And Toner. Thought he had a great match on Saturday. Really had some great carries and showed great hands for Heaslip's first try.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭little173

Plus the fact that a Home International is no use to Leinster as away for AI and 6N need a non Int to fill in. Toner has kicked on nicely this season actually, Schmidt has shown the ability to improve players through hands on coaching and great man management.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Bogota

Leinster desperately need to sign a top class winger IMO.

Bogota wrote: »
    Leinster desperately need to sign a top class winger IMO.

Zane Kirchner................LOL

Roux is an absolute ruck inspector, always looks to smash lads and falls off too many tackles, even carrying isn't extremely effective. Needs to dramatically improve if to be a starting Lock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Roux is an absolute ruck inspector, always looks to smash lads and falls off too many tackles, even carrying isn't extremely effective. Needs to dramatically improve if to be a starting Lock.

He only turned 22 this season. An absolute child in terms of playing lock and this is only his first season after moving to the other side of the world. I don't think we'll be able to evaluate him properly until about November.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,684 ✭✭✭JustinDee

Zane Kirchner................LOL

There were people of that attitude towards the signing of Nacewa, Halwell and Spooner. The latter, a very skilled pivot who scored a mountain of points against Ireland for Australia in '99, was unlucky with injury. The other two turned out to be very astute signings indeed. Kirchner isn't the dud that some purport him to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

Tavis Knoyle has signed for Gloucester. The Scarlets are going to struggle badly next season I think.

Buer wrote: »
    He only turned 22 this season. An absolute child in terms of playing lock and this is only his first season after moving to the other side of the world. I don't think we'll be able to evaluate him properly until about November.

Add to the fact he's been most of the season out with a collar bone. I've never broken my collar bone, but I've bruised it, and I can only image what it'd be like to jump into contact sport straight after it. You'd be subconsciously avoiding tackling with your shoulder. He'll grow out of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

Add to the fact he's been most of the season out with a collar bone. I've never broken my collar bone, but I've bruised it, and I can only image what it'd be like to jump into contact sport straight after it. You'd be subconsciously avoiding tackling with your shoulder. He'll grow out of that.

I've broken both of them in a car accident, took me a year and a half to feel 100%.

• Advertisement

JustinDee wrote: »
    There were people of that attitude towards the signing of Nacewa, Halwell and Spooner. The latter, a very skilled pivot who scored a mountain of points against Ireland for Australia in '99, was unlucky with injury. The other two turned out to be very astute signings indeed. Kirchner isn't the dud that some purport him to be.

Replace 'some' with 'most'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Yep, shattered my collarbone 4months ago and it's still gonna take another 3-4 months to get back to where I was.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭jacothelad

Hagz wrote: »
    Yep, shattered my collarbone 4months ago and it's still gonna take another 3-4 months to get back to where I was.

Tierra Del Fuego by the sound of it......:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Ruck inspector? Arrives with plenty of force from what I've seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

I wish I knew what that meant, but I'll thank you anyway.

Hagz wrote: »

Owch! :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭opinionatedfan

Broke my collarbone a few years back, took 4 months before it felt normal, another few months before I was back to previous strength levels and i stopped compensating for it.

Toulon confirm the signature of Bryan Habana on a two-year contract: http://www.rctoulon.com/fr/news/article/habana-renforce-le-rct/

• Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Toulon confirm the signature of Bryan Habana on a two-year contract: http://www.rctoulon.com/fr/news/article/habana-renforce-le-rct/

Are they losing any of their foreign players? Their line-up for the HEC SF was a bloody disgrace with only 3 French players in the side. It's exactly like English Premiership soccer at this stage. I can tell you I certainly would not be at all happy if Leinster fielded a team of foreign players like that.

molloyjh wrote: »
    Are they losing any of their foreign players? Their line-up for the HEC SF was a bloody disgrace with only 3 French players in the side. It's exactly like English Premiership soccer at this stage. I can tell you I certainly would not be at all happy if Leinster fielded a team of foreign players like that.

Yes, they are definitely losing Luke Rooney. David Smith will probably negotitate a release as well, he's been in the doghouse for a while.

A lot of Toulon fans are not happy about the foreign influx, there's a few good products from their academy like Pierrick Gunther and Vincent Martin that showed up really well at the start of the season and now they cannot get a game. Orioli is the only academy product that is first choice when fully fit.

Toulon are investing in their youth structure though, they plan to start a new program in Nice. The current JIFF rules mean 55% of the squad has top have been developed through a French academy, similar to the 'homegrown' rule in the EPL. This percentage is supposed to increase over the next few years. Apparently there are employment laws that block a restriction based on being French Qualified, although I'm not certain on that.

Not to defend Toulon, but Racing Métro will have few French players in their lineup next season as well. It's not good for the national team that the likes of Wisniewski will be watching the likes of Sexton from the bench.

• Advertisement
Advertisement