Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Transfers for next season (including transfer rumours!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭ssaye2

Dimitri Yachvili tracked by the RCT in case of non-arrival of Kockott?

http://www.parcequetoulon.com/actual...e-kockott.html

Just feck off Toulon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,456 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

ssaye2 wrote: »

Just feck off Toulon

Yeah it'll become like League of Ireland, Toulon v Toulon A in the Top 14......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,842 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Just feck off Toulon

At least he's French...

I may have missed it but have Toulon signed a 10 yet for next season or will they go with Michalak and Giteau?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

No 10 signed yet since they are waiting on Wilkinson's decision to stay on or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

I'd say they're pushing Wilko for another year. He's in great shape and fits their game well. Then next year they'll be after another Johnny.

What happened to the FFR pushing the LNR on the limitation of foreign players? Or was that thrown out the window with the new accord? It really is killing the game when you think about it. You can't compare it to a sport like football when the countries being poached already have massive amount of players. Rugby just isn't that sustainable.

• Advertisement

No they agreed JIFF rules. Eventually there will have to be 13 JIFFs in the 23 but I think from next season there will have to be an average of 13 JIFFs in matchday 23s over the season in order to get a full payment of television/marketing money from the LNR.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭conf101

Ryan Jones moving from Ospreys to Bristol. Seems a strange move.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/ospreys-star-ryan-jones-set-6509909

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

conf101 wrote: »

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/ospreys-star-ryan-jones-set-6509909

To link up with Dwayne Peel... I used to think Peel was one of the best. What happened to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

errlloyd wrote: »
    To link up with Dwayne Peel... I used to think Peel was one of the best. What happened to him.

Sale Sharks. That's what happened to him. Richie Grey can count himself lucky..

Just feck off Toulon

Yachvili is too good for ProD2 in fairness, I reckon Lyon could try and sign him as they'll want some Top14 veterans and they will have the money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

errlloyd wrote: »

He wanted to play abroad. He wanted to experience a different culture. He wanted Sale.

No, seriously, that's what he pretty much said at the time.

"I'd like to experience life in another country".

conf101 wrote: »

He's about to turn 33 and can't count on any sort of decent contract with the Ospreys. With this move, he's only 90 minutes away and might not even have to relocate.

Blow to the Ospreys though as he has been a real cornerstone of their team. He has always given it his all during the good times and bad.

Buer wrote: »
    He wanted to play abroad. He wanted to experience a different culture. He wanted Sale.

No, seriously, that's what he pretty much said at the time.

"I'd like to experience life in another country".

Haha right enough the difference between Manchester and South Wales would blow your mind.

Bristol are in the market a lot lately.

Alexis Palisson will be a free agent after agreeing to terminate his Toulon contract at the end of the season, originally he was contracted until 2015. Palisson was first choice last year when fit but hasn't got much of a look in this year because of injury and the arrival of Drew Mitchell.

I'd say he was on good money so this could free up funds for a signing elsewhere...Heaslip?

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Not Playing Tiddlywinks Vinny

Grenoble have snapped up a beaut in Jackson Willison from the Blues, formerly of the Chiefs. Is a fine player. 12/13, would've been an intelligent signing for an Irish province, munster missing tricks left, right and centre

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Thekidneybean

Read this morning, Leigh halfpenny has reportedly signed for Toulon for 500,000

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Hype710

Any speculation about Benson Stanley? With Jon Davies coming in, it mightn't be worth his while staying at Clermont. Would be a cracking signing for Munster or Leinster.

Hype710 wrote: »
    Any speculation about Benson Stanley? With Jon Davies coming in, it mightn't be worth his while staying at Clermont. Would be a cracking signing for Munster or Leinster.

Stanley there for another while i believe, Regan Ring heading back to Wales opens the door for Davies.

Hines going to Sale: http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,25883,3551_9125704,00.html

Rugbyrama saying it's a two year contract, impressive for a 37 year old!

Clermont have already signed USAP lock Sebastien Vahaamahina.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

I thought he was retiring at the end of the season, but there were rumours that Cotter wanted him to play for Scotland; I wonder if this move is connected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,076 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

rrpc wrote: »
    I thought he was retiring at the end of the season, but there were rumours that Cotter wanted him to play for Scotland; I wonder if this move is connected.

One of the Sky commentators said yesterday that Hines was retiring. He'll be 39 at the end of his contract in Sale - fair play to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭hype101

Stanley there for another while i believe, Regan Ring heading back to Wales opens the door for Davies.

Reagan King would have been a nice replacement Laulala.. Probably would have gotten him for reasonable money too if a welsh side, scarlets I imagine, can afford him

Confirmation that Craig Mitchell will leave Exe Chiefs bound for Cardiff Blues with a year still on his contract

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

hype101 wrote: »
    Reagan King would have been a nice replacement Laulala.. Probably would have gotten him for reasonable money too if a welsh side, scarlets I imagine, can afford him

He's too old to sign under the IRFU rules.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

rrpc wrote: »

I believe I posted the same here or on a different site. Though I thought Cotter wanted him in Scotland at Glasgow or Edinburgh. There's a job for it at Edinburgh mentoring their young locks at the very least.

Looks like Halfpenny's move to Toulon will be announced today.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/25861572

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

No 10 signed yet since they are waiting on Wilkinson's decision to stay on or not.

I'd say they'll talk Wilko into one more season and then sign Sexton when he's done with Racing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,935 ✭✭✭jacothelad

vbulletin2rhry93.jpg2rhry93.jpg">2rhry93.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭wicklowwonder

[Jackass] wrote: »
    I'd say they'll talk Wilko into one more season and then sign Sexton when he's done with Racing.

Could be a bad move from an Irish point of view as you imagine like the Lions tour Halfpenny will kick for Toulon if both him and Sexton are on the field. Sexton might have very few high pressure kicks under his belt going into Irish camps if this move happens next year.

Wilkinson really should call it quits. He might be able to raise it for a couple of matches but his general performance levels aren't up to it. I'd be interested to see his goal-kicking stats because he seems to miss a lot more than previous seasons. Toulon will be a much better side with someone like Giteau at 10.

jacothelad wrote: »
    vbulletin2rhry93.jpg2rhry93.jpg">2rhry93.jpg

Very funny. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Wilkinson really should call it quits. He might be able to raise it for a couple of matches but his general performance levels aren't up to it. I'd be interested to see his goal-kicking stats because he seems to miss a lot more than previous seasons. Toulon will be a much better side with someone like Giteau at 10.

Much like the talk of people calling Kearney a woeful liability last season, how quickly we forget players who win European player of the year a few short months ago!

Having said that, Giteau would not be a bad stopgap for a season if Wilkonson hangs up his boots and before Sexton signs, with Halfpenny taking the goal kicks. I think Wicklowwonder makes a very good point too, would be a bit of a disaster if Sexton wasn't even place kicking for his club.

This is all idol speculation of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,935 ✭✭✭jacothelad

[Jackass] wrote: »
    Much like the talk of people calling Kearney a woeful liability last season, how quickly we forget players who win European player of the year a few short months ago!

Having said that, Giteau would not be a bad stopgap for a season if Wilkonson hangs up his boots and before Sexton signs, with Halfpenny taking the goal kicks. I think Wicklowwonder makes a very good point too, would be a bit of a disaster if Sexton wasn't even place kicking for his club.

This is all idol speculation of course.
    I don't know that St Jonny is that much of an idol.............:D

Actually, I heard it mooted that he might get a game by game contract next season.

• Advertisement

jacothelad wrote: »
    I don't know that St Jonny is that much of an idol.............:D

Actually, I heard it mooted that he might get a game by game contract next season.

I think he'll be Toulon's version of Servat: Be fit to play in an emergency.

The old Harinordoquy approach. He plays rugby for fun but is a Basque and a farmer, first and foremost. He signs a one year contract every season to allow himself the option of walking away whenever he wants.

Buer wrote: »
    The old Harinordoquy approach. He plays rugby for fun but is a Basque and a farmer, first and foremost. He signs a one year contract every season to allow himself the option of walking away whenever he wants.

Really? I never knew that. So much man-love for that guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭ingo1984

Article Published: Wednesday 22 January 2014

Tweet
    Bull’s centre Jan Serfontein has resisted the lure of English and French rugby clubs and signed a pre-contract agreement with Munster.
    The 20-year-old back, who has scored 1 try in 9 tests since his South African debut in 2013, has signed a pre-contract agreement with Munster.
    A versatile performer, who can play on the wing or in the centres, Serfontein is reported to have rejected offers from clubs in both England and France.
    "This Munster team has shown it has what it takes to compete with the best in Europe and I look forward to playing my role in bringing further success to Munster” Serfontein said of the announcement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭former legend

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭jamiedav2011

ingo1984 wrote: »

Tweet
    Bull’s centre Jan Serfontein has resisted the lure of English and French rugby clubs and signed a pre-contract agreement with Munster.
    The 20-year-old back, who has scored 1 try in 9 tests since his South African debut in 2013, has signed a pre-contract agreement with Munster.
    A versatile performer, who can play on the wing or in the centres, Serfontein is reported to have rejected offers from clubs in both England and France.
    "This Munster team has shown it has what it takes to compete with the best in Europe and I look forward to playing my role in bringing further success to Munster” Serfontein said of the announcement.

Where's this from? Huge news if true!

I'm calling shenanigans.

Something fishy the quote matches earls quote, I think the poster is mixed up.

Tweet

LIES

• Administrators Posts: 54,184 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Tweet

Post a link to where you got this please.

Serfontein signed a new contract in 2013.

Atleast they got one high profile catch. ;)

What's the story with Delon then?

.ak wrote: »
    What's the story with Delon then?

He signed a two year deal. I hope he enjoys the bench.

Crazy. Delon is actually playing decent rugby, but Halfpenny is a league above him. Still, all depends if Halfpenny actually wants to play decent rugby for him.

Armitage plays 11, 13, 14 and 15. I'm sure he'll see plenty of starts with or without LH.

• Advertisement
Advertisement