Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Transfers for next season (including transfer rumours!)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭former legend

Despite their precarious position in the top 14, Oyonnax have signed Soane Tonga'uiha from Racing along with a couple more.
    http://www.rugbyrama.fr/rugby/transferts/2014/oyonnax-devoile-cinq-recrues-dont-tonga-uiha_sto4200053/story.shtml

Tonga'uiha has been an atrocious signing for Racing, Mujati too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Interesting, that move was never even rumoured. Mad to think Tonga'uiha could be playing in ProD2 next year.

Hosea Gear will leave Toulouse for a second division club in Japan, after it seemed he was going to return to NZ to push for a World Cup spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Tonga'uiha and Mujati were hugely dependent on Hartley for their scrum abilities. He was central to it. I'm sure people remember in the 2011 HEC final when Mujati went off and the Saints scrum promptly destroyed Leinster still with the sub prop. Hartley used attack the tighthead and drive upwards. I can't explain the failure of Tonga'uiha to make an impact with the ball in hand though where he was formerly superb.

Mujati has been benching lately, he might stick around. Tonga'uiha hasn't been in the squad at all recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭weightlifter

CatFromHue wrote: »
    I don't know if he's been injured or what but he hasn't really played that much for them this season. The Rabo site has him down as 3+5 for this season and I think he only played in 2 HEC games.

One of the players who has been out of favour since Solomons took over. Not injured, just not fancied by the coach. Very good player. Was excellent in their HEC cup run a couple of years back.

The raid continues.

Biarritz first choice hooker Arnaud Heguy signs for Grenoble.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭conf101

The raid continues.

Biarritz first choice hooker Arnaud Heguy signs for Grenoble.

That could be a risky move for him, given that Grenoble aren't exactly safe from the drop themselves

conf101 wrote: »
    That could be a risky move for him, given that Grenoble aren't exactly safe from the drop themselves

Given Biarritz are gone, any move is a good move. It will take some awful showings for Grenoble to drop. Beating Bayonne at home will essentially guarantee their status in the top flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Not Playing Tiddlywinks Vinny

Interesting that Maurie Fa'asavalu has joined Oyonnax from Quins, I know he's old enough but is a seriously destructive blindside! Rian Smit too from the Cheetahs has always impressed when picked. Be a good 10 for them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭on the river

It would be good if connacht got another no 10 replacement ronaldson is proving much competition for parks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭jacothelad

It would be good if connacht got another no 10 replacement ronaldson is proving much competition for parks.

Have you omitted a word or two by accident?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Is Parks signed on for another season?

I can't see another player covering 10 being signed if they've Parks, Ronaldson, and Nikora there for next season. They do need some centres though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,817 ✭✭✭b.gud

CatFromHue wrote: »
    Is Parks signed on for another season?

I can't see another player covering 10 being signed if they've Parks, Ronaldson, and Nikora there for next season. They do need some centres though.

There hasn't been any announcement so far that he is or isn't staying. Given his form has been frustratingly inconsistent this year, I think quite a few fans wouldn't be hugely upset to see him go.

We also have Carty to add to that list, though he hasn't really got a look in since Nikora came back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

b.gud wrote: »
    There hasn't been any announcement so far that he is or isn't staying. Given his form has been frustratingly inconsistent this year, I think quite a few fans wouldn't be hugely upset to see him go.

We also have Carty to add to that list, though he hasn't really got a look in since Nikora came back

Is it thought that Parks will move reasonably seamlessly into a coaching role at Connacht? I thought it was implied that would happen.

I'm happy for Parks in a lot of ways. I think he's had a largely positive end to a career that perhaps had more downs than ups. Maybe I am wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭desertcircus

Tonga'uiha has been woeful ever since the change to the scrum laws. He appears to have lost his effectiveness thanks to the hit disappearing, and the process of trying to adapt may have left him with a body shape he's not used to playing rugby in. I'd be curious to see some data on whether the new sequence has had an impact on the body types of successful props.

Biarritz have published their squad for next season, with Nick de Luca joining. Harinordoquy and Yachvili are not listed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭neilmulvey

Biarritz have published their squad for next season, with Nick de Luca joining. Harinordoquy and Yachvili are not listed.

Harinordoquy is retiring apparently and Yachvili is rumoured to be off to Lyon

Pedrie Wannenburg will be leaving Castres in the summer. He's been more or less a flop signing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭jacothelad

He's not good enough now that they have signed Paddy McAllister...:D:D

jacothelad wrote: »
    He's not good enough now that they have signed Paddy McAllister...:D:D

Have they? Great move for McAllister if Oyonnax stay up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭neilmulvey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

That's Treviso gutted.

Are the Benettons pulling the plug on the funding?

Chris Czekaj going to Colomiers in ProD2.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

Chris Czekaj going to Colomiers in ProD2.

Very unfortunate player. Looked a cracking prospect till he suffered that horrific leg break against Australia.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,817 ✭✭✭b.gud

neilmulvey wrote: »
    Harinordoquy is retiring apparently and Yachvili is rumoured to be off to Lyon

Via @RTErugby
    Former France scrum-half Dimitri Yachvili has announced he will retire at the end of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Jarrad Hoeata going to Cardiff next season. Replacement for Copeland I guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭d-gal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭former legend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone

Three year deal. Hmmm.

Cracking player & will be IQ at the age of 27.....
    ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭Swiwi.

Jarrad Hoeata going to Cardiff next season. Replacement for Copeland I guess.

He was a 1-test (or thereabouts) wonder of the highest order. He's OK, but nothing to write home about, and not known for his discipline.

Montpellier president Mohad Altrad has confirmed the signings of Antoine Battut and Benjamin Fall from Racing Métro and Ben Mowen.

Peter Lydon is moving from Stade to London Scottish.

Victor Vito rumoured to be in Stade Francais' sight.

Swiwi. wrote: »
    Victor Vito rumoured to be in Stade Francais' sight.

Always struck me in the lineout with his beautiful hands. Catching, controlling and passing perfectly to the SH with one hand over and over.

A very good all-rounder but I've not really considered him a big carrier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭FellasFellas

Morf wrote: »
    Always struck me in the lineout with his beautiful hands. Catching, controlling and passing perfectly to the SH with one hand over and over.

http://youtu.be/vflJi6ev69E?t=1h36m43s

His offload here is the best thing I've ever seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

its_phil wrote: »
    Very unfortunate player. Looked a cracking prospect till he suffered that horrific leg break against Australia.

Yep that killed his momentum, wasn't he also cast aside by Cardiff when they signed lomu?

Excellent player...just couldn't translate it to the international stage for whatever reason, despite multiple opportunities. As you say couldn't bring raw aggression like Kaino or SOB, and that has cost him his Black jersey. Would be a great signing for SF though - covers 8 and 6, and very good in the lineout as you point out. Fast too, he first made his name at 7s rugby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Always struck me in the lineout with his beautiful hands.

Beautiful hands or not, I sincerely hope he apologised!

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Beautiful hands or not, I sincerely hope he apologised!

They were so soft I was smitten by each caress.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Another signing for Connacht. Tom McCartney from the Blues. Pat Lam is raiding his old Auckland team.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭blackdog1

I see jason shoemark is leaving exeter. Always thought he was a good quality centre pity none of the provices looked at him...but at 33 he's a bit too old now

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Not Playing Tiddlywinks Vinny

Confirmed. Benji Marshall leaving Union to return to NRL. Mutual agreement with the Blues to end his contract

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

Confirmed. Benji Marshall leaving Union to return to NRL. Mutual agreement with the Blues to end his contract

Ah that's disappointing. Thought he looked handy enough. Guess he just didn't enjoy it?

James Hook is apparently off to Japan. Where does that leave his World Cup hopes?

From a supporter's pov it's sad to see these good players go to a league that we can't watch!

James Hook is apparently off to Japan. Where does that leave his World Cup hopes?

From a supporter's pov it's sad to see these good players go to a league that we can't watch!

Wales treated him like crap when he was in France. So presumably, no change.

errlloyd wrote: »

True but it's more or less a home World Cup that he is giving up on. Priestland surely can't be selected if he continues to be rubbish.

errlloyd wrote: »

i agree i would have loved if he was irish shame the direction his career has taken

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭English Lurker

True but it's more or less a home World Cup that he is giving up on. Priestland surely can't be selected if he continues to be rubbish.

Well apparently Mr Gatland wants Gareth Anscombe to cast his lot in with the land of his fathers mother

• Advertisement

I'm surprised it has taken this long for the Welsh to move for Anscombe, to be honest. It has been well known that he's Welsh qualified for a number of years now and that Wales have been struggling for a dominant outhalf. Anscombe might not be the best 10 in NZ but he'd be the best 10 in Wales.

Advertisement