Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Transfers for next season (including transfer rumours!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭mogwai81

Anyone know who Paddy McAllister signed for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

mogwai81 wrote: »

Aurillac.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

mogwai81 wrote: »

Aurillac in the ProD2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

Darcy quoted today as saying the Douglas deal may scupper their attempts at a NIQ centre
    Surely this farcical rule/guideline has been binned now?

How would it effect it anyhow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭umop.episdn

.ak wrote: »
    How would it effect it anyhow?

No idea, perhaps he believes that the Douglas signing would be a trade off ala Botha for Munster having to let duPreez go? Maybe there are other deals being done that fill Leinsters NIQ quota & they can't sign a center. I just thought the comment was unusual & wondered if anyone had more info

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Unless the goal is to get the big provinces down to 3+1 for next season, in which case Douglas Gopperth Kirchener and Roux would be it.

Interestingly Munster and Ulster would fit in with 3+1 for next season at the moment.

Pedrie Wannenburg is gone to Oyonnax after two years at Castres where he didn't make an impression.

Amorisino is leaving Oyonnax after finishing his medical joker contract. It's mad to see how his career has suddenly gone downhill, in 2012 he was one of the best back three players in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭GymJim

Amorisino is leaving Oyonnax after finishing his medical joker contract. It's mad to see how his career has suddenly gone downhill, in 2012 he was one of the best back three players in the world.

Was he? I've always really liked him & he had a good year in 2012 but one of the best in the world...bit much surely considering he was not even a guaranteed starter for Argentina! Lovely runner but little in defence must be said, almost a Poitrenaud style careless/carefree player so always a straight hit or miss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

Unless the goal is to get the big provinces down to 3+1 for next season, in which case Douglas Gopperth Kirchener and Roux would be it.

Interestingly Munster and Ulster would fit in with 3+1 for next season at the moment.

Would make sense to the Michael Collins rumours then.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

If Michael Collins is Irish qualified, you'd have to think that both Leinster and Munster have approached him. They are both going to have midfield issues in the short and long term (Munster's new signing is only on a 1 year deal) so a decent, 20 year old guy who can play both 12 and 13 would almost certainly demand attention from both.

Given that Lenihan stated that both Leinster and Munster talked with Aki, it's almost a certainty that there are further signings on the way.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,863 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Love to see Fekitoa at Leinster!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭Swiwi.

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Love to see Fekitoa at Leinster!!!

But think of the children your beloved Highlanders sydthebeat...

...not to mention that lovely little team in black jerseys...

• Subscribers Posts: 41,863 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Swiwi. wrote: »
    But think of the children your beloved Highlanders sydthebeat...

...not to mention that lovely little team in black jerseys...

Im think of my more beloved blue jersey celtic team ;)

And to be honest id be very surprised if fekitoa doesnt get a run out against england in autumn. he certainly deserves it on this seasons form so far.

And to be honest id be very surprised if fekitoa doesnt get a run out against england in autumn. he certainly deserves it on this seasons form so far.

The murmurings are that he has been annointed as Conrad Smith Mk II. Barring injury, I expect him to be named in the 31 man squad, but probably see little game time. I expect he will be offered a contract up to end 2017. However, I never underestimate big spending clubs like Toulon, Racing and Connacht, so until I read he has signed I won't get too excited. He stands to do better in the long-run by becoming a succcessful AB, where his negotiating power would be higher, both with the NZRFU and with your pick of NH/Japanese teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

The murmurings are that he has been annointed as Conrad Smith Mk II. Barring injury, I expect him to be named in the 31 man squad, but probably see little game time. I expect he will be offered a contract up to end 2017. However, I never underestimate big spending clubs like Toulon, Racing and Connacht, so until I read he has signed I won't get too excited. He stands to do better in the long-run by becoming a succcessful AB, where his negotiating power would be higher, both with the NZRFU and with your pick of NH/Japanese teams.

Ah yes Connacht the true monetary super power :) :pac: :P

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Not Playing Tiddlywinks Vinny

Ya i'd imagine he would get a shot against them. Unlike last season there hasn't been many standout players in SXV that you'd say 'he'll definitely get capped' like Luatua, Saili, Halai and Piutau last season. Fekitoa and Moala have been the 2 uncapped players (and possibly Tuipoluitu - Blues 2nd Row) to really stake a claim. Fekitoa's value would quadruple should he get more than 1 cap and given his age profile and performances he'll be draped in black for years to come. A future backline of 9.Smith (Perenara), 10.Cruden, 11.Savea, 12.Crotty (Saili/Taylor), 13.Fekitoa, 14.Halai, 15.Piutau! Given how good these guys are now one could only imagine how good they will get with exerience! Terrifying stuff

Ya i'd imagine he would get a shot against them. Unlike last season there hasn't been many standout players in SXV that you'd say 'he'll definitely get capped' like Luatua, Saili, Halai and Piutau last season. Fekitoa and Moala have been the 2 uncapped players (and possibly Tuipoluitu - Blues 2nd Row) to really stake a claim. Fekitoa's value would quadruple should he get more than 1 cap and given his age profile and performances he'll be draped in black for years to come. A future backline of 9.Smith (Perenara), 10.Cruden, 11.Savea, 12.Crotty (Saili/Taylor), 13.Fekitoa, 14.Halai, 15.Piutau! Given how good these guys are now one could only imagine how good they will get with exerience! Terrifying stuff

Ben Smith would like a quiet word NPTV...

Ben Smith would like a quiet word NPTV...

Ah jaysus! THERE JusT TOO MANY OF THEM!!!!

Bordeaux confirm the signature of Sofiane Guitoune. It's such a shame they won't be in the ERCC next year as they play a fantastic brand of rugby and will have two of the most potent wingers in France in Talebula and Guitoune himself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Johnathan Davies to Clermont went completely over my head, don't remember hearing about that. Played his last game for Scarlets tonight.

Tyler Blyendaal Signs with Munster for 3 seasons from Crusaders and Canterbury

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭rockbeast

Tyler Blyendaal Signs with Munster for 3 seasons from Crusaders and Canterbury

Definitely confirmed?

Decent signing.

19 games for the Crusaders, not too shabby - Swiwi will have an insight.

Needs a haircut to live in Limerick though!

[Jackass] wrote: »
    Johnathan Davies to Clermont went completely over my head, don't remember hearing about that. Played his last game for Scarlets tonight.

Davies to Clermont was announced in November with Regan King going in the opposite direction.

rockbeast wrote: »
    Definitely confirmed?

Decent signing.

Swiwi wrote him off already as 4th choice, but I believe he kept Tom Taylor out of the team quite a lot

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

He played a good bit for the Canterbury ITM team last season so should be handy enough. He can also goal kick too.

• Advertisement

rockbeast wrote: »
    Definitely confirmed?

Decent signing.

CONFRIMED, Munster Rugby announced this morning

http://www.munsterrugby.ie/news/18506.php#.U2-84PldU1I

He started the season poorly in fairness missing 5 kicks in a game which cost him his spot, but was ahead of Slade and Taylor for Crusaders to start so that in itself i think says a lot.

He's a former u20 Baby Blacks Captain too which is no mean feat either. I'm hopeful for him as a ball player 2nd 5/8 outside Keatley or JJ

Think the Northern Hemisphere game will suit him as will Munster. Great signing i think.

We'll be the only province with 3 capable kickers in the match day IV

I don't think so. Leinster have Gopperth, Madigan and McFadden while Ulster will have Pienaar, Jackson and Humphreys next season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Is that going to be much help against a team with an 11 man advantage?

I don't think so. Leinster have Gopperth, Madigan and McFadden while Ulster will have Pienaar, Jackson and Humphreys next season.

In the team? We will have the new lad, Murray & JJ with Keats on the bench

• Advertisement

Pienaar, Jackson, Olding

In the team? We will have the new lad, Murray & JJ with Keats on the bench

Fairly quick to write Keatley off...........I;d have him nailed on starter. Been very good this year!

Hagz wrote: »
    Pienaar, Jackson, Olding

Connacht could have 5 at any one time........

Porter, Nikora, Ronaldson, O Leary and Leader

Swiwi wrote him off already as 4th choice, but I believe he kept Tom Taylor out of the team quite a lot

Well, when you have Carter and Slade in the side, that makes him 3rd at best, but Tom Taylor is probably also ahead. It's not necessarily a negative reflection on Tyler - at the moment NZ has an overabundance of talented flyhalves (the most I can ever recall).

Pienaar, Jackson, Olding

Didn't know Olding was a place kicker, have only seen him play for Ulster a handful of times

Connacht could have 5 at any one time........

Porter, Nikora, Ronaldson, O Leary and Leader

If Murray counts as a kicker than Leinster could have 5 as well.

McGrath, Gopperth, Reid, McFadden, Madigan.

Fairly quick to write Keatley off...........I;d have him nailed on starter. Been very good this year!

No, I had to put 1 of them on the bench, thought if I put Keats at fullback & said we had 5 kickers in the team I'd be pushing my luck ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

If Murray counts as a kicker than Leinster could have 5 as well.

McGrath, Gopperth, Reid, McFadden, Madigan.

If Murray counts surely Rob K counts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

Tox56 wrote: »
    If Murray counts surely Rob K counts

when contepomi was injured before sexton made his breakthrough I can recall D'Arcy taking penalties too.

Crusaders hooker Corey Flynn to Toulouse. He's getting on a tad at 33, but is still up there with the better NZ rakes, just like Andy Ellis he can't find favour with Hansen. A decent 2-year signing for Toulouse...

...who are also supposed to have thrown cash at massive Chiefs TH prop Ben Tameifuna - who is weighing up the move with a declaration for Tonga. He's only 22, and while include in a previous AB squad, has never been capped. Would be a bit of a loss to NZ rugby, although apparently can never achieve the fitness targets the AB selectors demand.

• Advertisement

Toulouse must have lost patience with Tolofua. Their lineout was a shambles against Racing and Ralepelle was injured.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭former legend

Toulouse must have lost patience with Tolofua. Their lineout was a shambles against Racing and Ralepelle was injured.

It was awful against Munster too but in fairness to Tolofua, he's still only 20, a lot younger than all of our 'prospects' in the #2 jersey, he can still come good. Flynn might be a stopgap while Tolofua develops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭porterbelly

Tolofua might be better off in the back row

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭SaveOurLyric

aimee1 wrote: »
    when contepomi was injured before sexton made his breakthrough I can recall D'Arcy taking penalties too.

Disaster though, wasnt he ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Does this signing mean that we won't see Keatley at 12 next season? Oh well....

A Smith/Bleyendaal centre partnership... is that better than Laulala/Downey? Probably, on reputation. Let's hope they don't take ages to find their feet though, we've had problems in that regard in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭RuPi

Bleyendaal would have played a lot more at 10 than 12 so you could well see Keatley at 12.

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Kirk Van Houten

RuPi wrote: »
    Bleyendaal would have played a lot more at 10 than 12 so you could well see Keatley at 12.

Bleyendaal has been signed as a 12 and will be played as a 12 (IRFU stipulation) He will only cover 10 in an emergency.

Haven't seen that claimed anywhere, Garrett Fitz was keen to mention his ability to play 10 & the fact he's deemed a project player won't hamper Munsters need to play him at 10 if wanted

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Kirk Van Houten

Haven't seen that claimed anywhere, Garrett Fitz was keen to mention his ability to play 10 & the fact he's deemed a project player won't hamper Munsters need to play him at 10 if wanted

again going on what I've been told. The intention seems to be to have two distributors at 10 and 12 and a big man at 13 to bring the back three into play more. Something along the lines of the Toulon with Wilko, Giteau and Bastareaud.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Ideally, we'd have JJ-Keatley as the 10-12 going forward.

Obviously it's good for them to have competition, keep them on their toes.

Advertisement