Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JMeter

Options
  • 25-03-2011 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭

Anyone use this / know how this works?

I am using it to load test a website and wondering how accurate it is... I've asked it to process a high number of page requests in 60 seconds... but does it actually submit those requests to the server?

But while it's running, I can still view the page without too much of a slow-down... Despite the fact that Jmeter is reporting page load time > 60 seconds for some of the request...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Joneser

I haven't used JMeter in a while but afaik the tests can be run either locally or on the web server depending on the way you set up JMeter, the User's Manual provided might provide some clarification on this: http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/index.html#remote-test but if there is something not covered by this then ask again :)

Also what would you consider to be "A high number of page requests"?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 jumpercake

To work best Jmeter will need to be running on a separate machine to the server you are carrying out the tests on.
    When running jmeter, what does the CPU loading look like on the server.

Jmeter should submit requests to the server. Did you use a proxy to simulate a use case?

What are you using to record your results? summary graph, aggregate report?

Advertisement