Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Afternoon in Dublin-recommend me some bits to shoot

• 25-03-2011 12:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I'm in Dublin tomorrow from lunchtime, going to the Aviva stadium for the Ireland game.
    So I have the afternoon free to take some pictures.
    Besides the obvious locations (THE two bridges, crowds on grafton st, The Spike etc.) can you recommend me some good things, locations for shots.
    I dont' mind what- architecture, landscapes, people etc.

Something besides the 'usual' stuff could be interesting.

Cheers in advance,
    Pa.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭bren2002

Howth, Botanic Gardens, Dun Laoghaire pier, windmill lane graiffti, Trinity College or you could go to the photography gallery in Temple Bar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Telchak

The Docklands are fantastic if you're into that mix of modern buildings growing on an industrial wasteland :D Moore Street if you're looking for some people 'character' :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭City-Exile

If you get the 13, the 19, the 19C or the 83 bus from O'Connell Street northbound, they will bring you right outside the Botanic Gardens in a few minutes.
    It's free in and it's full of endless photo opportunities.

Check with the bus driver, before you get on, as the 13A and the 19A don't go the same route.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 106 ✭✭Haruki

I'd recommend the botanic gardens too, really special place. Forecast is good too so it will be stunning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 106 ✭✭Haruki

Oh i forgot, it might be a bit left field, but how about glasnevin cemetery ? it's around the corner from the botanics. Interesting place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,338 ✭✭✭Archeron

Haruki wrote: »
    Oh i forgot, it might be a bit left field, but how about glasnevin cemetery ? it's around the corner from the botanics. Interesting place.

100% agree with this. Glasnevin is fascinating and some stunning shots to be had, especially since a lot of improvement work has been done and the new museum is open.

Around Grand Canal plaza is lovely too, the new theatre has some very interesting angles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

Around the pepper canister church can be nice, The canal and merrion square
    are nearby too and its on your way to landsdown too.

Advertisement