Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Late Show - 25 March 2011

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭starryeye

A statue for Stephen Gately! He was hardly in the same league as Luke Kelly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭Greentopia

wtf is Vinny Browne on about?

Wtf are Jedward on about? I checked it out and saw them prattling on about the most unintelligible rubbish and I had to switch it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

starryeye wrote: »
    Where was Ronan Keating's daffodil for the Cancer Society tonight?
    that was asked earlier :)

There are so many wonderful talented singers. World class performers like Dionne Warwick.
    She does such a wonderful version of 'Walk On By'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 tenpasteleven

Greentopia wrote: »
    Wtf are Jedward on about? I checked it out and saw them prattling on about the most unintelligible rubbish and I had to switch it off.

turn back on - they are doing the splits!

• Advertisement

johnn wrote: »
    ok then stop having a nonsensical debate that is going no where.

You accused everyone in the thread's mother and sisters of being overweight, poor looking women, pretty poor taste from you.

most would agree mary's daughter isn't an oil painting so let's not drag out the debate any further so we can be seen as PC.

I just read your reply again. What in god's name are you talking about? Go back and read my posts again ffs :rolleyes: or else you're either being deliberately obtuse, or you're a troll yourself.

Either way I'm done.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

:eek::eek:

Nah, think I've had my fill of excitement to-night ta.
    I'm off to bed.

casio4 wrote: »
    that was asked earlier :)

Well observed. Thank you.

Didn't realise that the point had been made but I still think that RK could have worn a daffodil for the cause. He honoured his late mother's name by working to help people fight this horrible disease. Perhaps, he just didn't think of it at the time. Just lost my own mother to this disease a few weeks ago. Very, very hard to handle this awful time. Forgive me for repeating the point. Well done to him for deciding to take part in the swim for the cancer charity anyway. I am not a fan of his singing but charity work is worthy of praise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Personally I think Blackrock College should be shut down, considering what damage it's alumni has done to this country...

[Embedded Image Removed]

• Registered Users Posts: 21,040 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Flimbos wrote: »
    Tubs is fascinated that she has played a character who's not exactly like herself.

"My goodness, you play a skobe, with different hair and a different accent and everything wow!"

Jeez she's an actor FFS, that's what they do!

ha ha i was thinking the same thing last night....does he think all actors just act themselves on screen or something!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,040 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I can understand Dublin having a statue of Luke Kelly or Phil Lynott, both cultural icons who have been dead over 25 years, but "Steo"?
    The fairest thing to do is wait 24 years or so and see if anyone feels he should get his statue then...It would be absolute stupidity to erect a statue to a boyband member recently deceased...we could all be laughing at the phenomonon in a few years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭macroboy

I heard some clebe reporter call for our ryans head on aplate ,due to his disgraceful interview with ronnnnnaa bleating..

i didnt see it ..what was the fuss about?

Usually turbirdy destroys every interview he does...was there any difference last night i wonder????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

macroboy wrote: »
    I heard some clebe reporter call for our ryans head on aplate ,due to his disgraceful interview with ronnnnnaa bleating..

Just googled it macroboy.. I think it's the camp English lad Paul Martin.. he contributes to a lot of TV3 shows... He's one of those celeb gossip reporters..

The LCD screen on his twitter machine as of five minutes ago:

paulmartintwitter.jpg

It's strong, slanderous stuff... but I agree with him completely.. I just hope ShirleyMurphy1 is wrong..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

starryeye wrote: »
    A statue for Stephen Gately! He was hardly in the same league as Luke Kelly.
    DCC are right! What happen when the other 4 die? If Gately gets a statue then they'll all get one? It would be like that Famine Memorial only more depressing!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Jayme101

Just googled it macroboy.. I think it's the camp English lad Paul Martin.. he contributes to a lot of TV3 shows... He's one of those celeb gossip reporters..

The LCD screen on his twitter machine as of five minutes ago:

paulmartintwitter.jpg

It's strong, slanderous stuff... but I agree with him completely.. I just hope ShirleyMurphy1 is wrong..

Re Shirley's tweet to PM there was an article about him on Showbizireland a few months ago at his Stephen Gately book launch. Some people posted messages about him playing away from home with one of the glamour girls at the party. He had the whole article pulled from the site, and started screaming slander :rolleyes:

Most of the original Ronan "affair" stories came directly from PM as it was him that broke the story, and its well known that his stories are far from accurate. There seems to be a real fued between the two of them if you look back at all PM's tweets. Its interesting that Yvonne's own brother tweeted to PM today.

http://twitter.com/Thereal_JamesC

@paulmartin_bizz Amazed at how juvenile people can be and to the fact that they like to go on the record as being complete arseholes.

about 6 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone from Dublin, Ireland

Ronan and Yvonne obviously had marriage problems, but without either of them openly talking about it, its impossible to know what really went on. They seem to be working it out now. At the end of the day its their own business, its got nothing to do with Paul Martin or the audience of the Late Late Show.

Jayme101 wrote: »
    Ronan and Yvonne obviously had marriage problems, but without either of them openly talking about it, its impossible to know what really went on. At the end of the day its their own business, its got nothing to do with Paul Martin or the audience of the Late Late Show.

I agree that it is their business, but if Ronan did have an affair and it appears by all reasonable sources that he did, then him coming on the telly blaming the media without admitting his own part in the story is pathetic.. Irish people like a lad to come out with his hands up, not passing the book as we are accustomed to with our politicians/civil servants/bankers etc etc..

And I really think they have milked the "steo" thing without looking for a statue.. Stephen Gately seemed like a very nice chap, and he had a very good voice.. but a statue is excessive, and I think it's about time they let him rest in peace instead of constantly referencing him in every paragraph of every interview.

Neither him nor Tubridy have done themselves any favours by last night's interview.. I only wonder did Ronan make it a precondition that any reference to his extra marital endeavours be struck from Tubridy's cue cards.. ?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,785 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Depends on whether Tubbs has the balls to ask him abbout shaggin the dancer!!

Censorship is all that was last night.

A complete staged sham. I was reading that RTE and Tubs have been trying to get Ro on for
    many many months now; and they finally do, and it's nothing but a plug and a staged interview.

Tubs doesn't even mention the wife or the affair. He pussy foots around it by saying how the media went hard on Ronan.:rolleyes:
    Why bother even bringing it up if you don't have the balls to ask the tough questions

And Ro says **** all and makes out the media gave him a hard time without a single mention from either as to WHY the media gave him a hard time. Shambolic, and completely staged. Tubs then says nothing, doesn't even ask Ronan why the media went hard on him.
    "But Ronan, wasn't it a only natural that they would be curious (hard on you), as you did shag behind your wife's back, didn't you?"

Jeez, will Ro just let Gately rest in peace. Steo, Steo, Steo Steo...
    ****ing on about a statue for Steo? My god, you couldn't make it up
    People with talent have to wait ****ing years to get statues, and they
    want one thrown up over night for Stephen Gately?

I tell you, talk about ****ing milking it....

But, saying all this. I do think Ronan is a nice guy. A geat speaker, articulate and
    likable. He also does fantastic work for cancer reserach.

Bottom line: Tubs should be asking the questions that the tv audience would like
    to ask. A sham interview.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

walshb wrote: »
    But, saying all this. I do think Ronan is a nice guy. A geat speaker, articulate and
    likable. He also does fantastic work for cancer reserach.
    Keating is just a sh*t. How about his dull rendition of the Arthur theme? Putting all his effort into the singing and not coming one bit close to the talent of the original singer Christopher Cross?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,785 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Nolanger wrote: »
    Keating is just a sh*t. How about his dull rendition of the Arthur theme? Putting all his effort into the singing and not coming one bit close to the talent of the original singer Christopher Cross?

So, he can't sing, in your opinion, and that makes him a sh!t?

I think he is a fantastic speaker. He's a decent and likable man.
    Singer? Definitely a distinctive voice. I would say he is good.

I am not going to slate him for having an affair, but making out the media were out to get him, that deserves a bit of slagging.

My gripe last night was more with the show and Tubridy and their not
    having the balls to do a proper interview.

The other thing. This Steo business is so insincere. He has been plugging
    it far too long now.

Other than this, Ro is a good guy. I think he's a credit to the country.

walshb wrote: »
    So, he can't sing, in your opinion, and that makes him a sh!t?

I think he is a fantastic speaker. He's a decent and likable man.
    Singer? Definitely a distinctive voice. I would say he is good.

I am not going to slate him for having an affair, but making out the media were out to get him, that deserves a bit of slagging.

My gripe last night was more with the show and Tubridy and their not
    having the balls to do a proper interview.

The other thing. This Steo business is so insincere. He has been plugging
    it far too long now.

Other than this, Ro is a good guy. I think he's a credit to the country.

I agree with your comments, although he didn't actually blame the media for his affair, he blamed them for giving him a **** year! Which was the question he was asked. He was never going to offer up anymore information unless he was pushed by the interviewer.

In essence he did have an affair, which he deeply regrets.(see interview in today's Sunday Mail) The press did go very hard on him (as they do on all celebs) so trying to sort his marriage out was made very difficult when the press were running stories every day. Some could have been true, but a lot were proberly not. He and Yvonne have done well to come out the otherside, many don't and the quickie divorce is an easier option than sticking through it.

I know there are many that want to see him squirm on TV for entertainment value, but come on is that really in the best interest for his children and Yvonne. Talking about what went wrong in their marriage for him to stray, or dicussing in detail his mistress is only going to humiliate them all over again. It could also promt the dancer in to talking. The main thing is it could also damage the reconcilliation process with Yvonne. He is not ever going to risk that. If they hadn't got back together, he wouldn't have had anything to loose. So he may well have talked.

Yes Tubridy went easy on him, just as other interviewers have in the last week, choosing not to bring up his affair and marriage problems. But ask yourself why? Ronan in person is a lovely sweet man (I have met him). People in the bussiness like him too. People that work for him and with him never say anything bad about him, he is very easy to get on with. That is why interviewers (friends) like Tubridy do not want to see him humilitated on TV for entertainment value. He made a mistake, it doesn't make him a bad person, just human!

Sunday Mail Interview: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/moslive/article-1369909/Ronan-Keating-year-changed-I-mistake-I-blame.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I agree with your comments, although he didn't actually blame the media for his affair, he blamed them for giving him a **** year! Which was the question he was asked. He was never going to offer up anymore information unless he was pushed by the interviewer.

In essence he did have an affair, which he deeply regrets.(see interview in today's Sunday Mail)Sunday Mail Interview: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/moslive/article-1369909/Ronan-Keating-year-changed-I-mistake-I-blame.html?ito=feeds-newsxml
    It is an awful shame that Ronan didn't say 'I made a mistake. I take the blame' when he was talking Tubs on Friday night, instead he reserved that for the Daily Mail. I also have to laugh at celebrities who have no concerns about their children's privacy when they are receiving huge sums to appear in Nintendo TV adverts and glossy magazines.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

MrsD007 wrote: »
    It is an awful shame that Ronan didn't say 'I made a mistake. I take the blame' when he was talking Tubs on Friday night, instead he reserved that for the Daily Mail. I also have to laugh at celebrities who have no concerns about their children's privacy when they are receiving huge sums to appear in Nintendo TV adverts and glossy magazines.

that was ronans plan for the night

i will shay nothing at all(about my dirty antics)

I also have to laugh at celebrities who have no concerns about their children's privacy when they are receiving huge sums to appear in Nintendo TV adverts and glossy magazines.

Thats not really the same thing though is it. The kids aren't going to be bullied at school for appearing in an advert are they. Its not going to hurt them, its fun! However to witness and have their friends see their father on TV telling intimate details of his marriage break up, and to have another media frenzie which could put more strain on their marriage and that would effect the family.

I do agree its a pity Tubs didn't get him to say this by asking the right questions. He was interviewed several times in OZ whilst he was promoting X Factor and his Duet album, and although he never spoke directly about the affair itself, he answered in the same way as he did in the Mail.

To be honest I dont think anything he said would have been right. If he'd have broken down - he would have been accused of milking it. Lets face in the eyes of the majority of Irish people the guy cant do anything right.

Thats not really the same thing though is it. The kids aren't going to be bullied at school for appearing in an advert are they. Its not going to hurt them, its fun! However to witness and have their friends see their father on TV telling intimate details of his marriage break up, and to have another media frenzie which could put more strain on their marriage and that would effect the family.

I do agree its a pity Tubs didn't get him to say this by asking the right questions. He was interviewed several times in OZ whilst he was promoting X Factor and his Duet album, and although he never spoke directly about the affair itself, he answered in the same way as he did in the Mail.

To be honest I dont think anything he said would have been right. If he'd have broken down - he would have been accused of milking it. Lets face in the eyes of the majority of Irish people the guy cant do anything right.
    TBH, I am not remotely interested in the details of his affair, that is completely a matter for him and his family but I do think that he let himself down by implying that the media were to blame for him having a sh1te year. He was creator of his own downfall. He could have simply said he messed up and he is dealing with it. I reckon that Tubs was warned beforehand not to probe too much. It doesn't really matter about interviews that take place in OZ, the LLS love it or hate has an audience of over 750,000 Irish people.

People are very forgiving and I think Ronan should have taken a leaf out of Ben Dunne's book. When Ben was arrested in Miami all those years ago, he quickly gave an interview to RTE apologising to his family and his company for the embarrassment he caused them all. The end result was people moved on and most people at the time felt Ben a good guy to come out and admit he messed up.

My biggest fear is that he (Ronan) may have done damage to the charity he set up with his sister Linda to remember his mother, Marie Keating. The charity has done wonderful work over the years and it would be really awful if Ronan has in any way tarnished their reputation.

Many A list celebrities insist on papers and magazines only using pixelated pictures of their children. If I was unlucky enough to be a celebrity I would be anxious to keep my children out of the public eye until they were at an age where they could choose what they wanted to participate in. I have huge difficulty with celebrities using their children for financial gain (TV Adverts etc) or to promote themselves and their projects. (Jordan being a classic example).

. I also have to laugh at celebrities who have no concerns about their children's privacy when they are receiving huge sums to appear in Nintendo TV adverts and glossy magazines.

I was also shocked to hear that nintendo have released a new platform game featuring Ronan..

ronan_1.jpg

You control Ronan as he tries to avoid the media (and the wife), and get a bit of time alone with a dancer.

Seems Paul Martin is a man of his word in fairness.. here is his front page from his paper today..

irishmirror.jpg

• Advertisement

Seems Paul Martin is a man of his word in fairness.. here is his front page from his paper today..

irishmirror.jpg
    Jonathon, is this genuine or is it another one of your famous photoshops???

Advertisement