Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Neil Prendeville Interview now

• 25-03-2011 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭

This is hilarious stuff right now on 96FM. Sighing, whimpering...recounting the incident, again blaming the alcohol, claiming he's dead now for some reason...classic stuff.

Will be telling the grandkids about this. The guy is talking about a time he masterbated....over the airwaves, like its perfectly normal. Surreal! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

He's officially back on Monday by the way...until he's sacked before Christmas. Surely...no coming back from this. There can't be...

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭I.S.T.

Is it posted anywhere online?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 150 ✭✭jerry2623

Some punters on here are so self righteous its sad .
    Do not t like or listen to prenderville but that those not mean I feel he should be persecuted for the rest of his days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭lempsipmax

I know he is playing the 'Like everyone I am flawed', 'Like man many I have been out of work and I know whats its like not to be able to pay my bills etc.' but he sounds pretty chastened.

What would you suggest he do given the situation he is in?

jerry2623 wrote: »
    Do not t like or listen to prenderville but that those not mean I feel he should be persecuted for the rest of his days

He's got his job back. How's he persecuted? This is surreal stuff you have to admit...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭testicle

jerry2623 wrote: »

He's not being persecuted, but he is being ridiculed. He should be ridiculed until the day he dies.

Is it posted anywhere online?

Listen here

Its the kids that are the biggest victims here...cannot have been easy for them. Still in their teens in school.

lempsipmax wrote: »
    I know he is playing the 'Like everyone I am flawed', 'Like man many I have been out of work and I know whats its like not to be able to pay my bills etc.' but he sounds pretty chastened.

The only thing he can do is take the criticism and slagging on the chin and hope it all blows over within the next year or two. Prendeville was always a preacher on the high altar, opinionated and derogatory towards many in Cork. Karma is a bitch. However, he's back in his highly paid job now. He should be delighted for small mercies.

Listen here

That's a live stream. How can I playback the interview?

• Advertisement

I know its a live stream, you asked when the interview was still going on...

I know its a live stream, you asked when the interview was still going on...

Aah ok, thanks anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Rubik.

Aah ok, thanks anyway.

96fm don't seem to have a way of playing back shows on their website. It will be repeated overnight, but I don't know when.

There is a very short clip from the interview here...

http://www.newstalk.ie/2011/news/3radio-presenter-back-on-air-after-lewd-act-on-plane36/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

I thought he also owned a bar/restaurant business in Cork as well?

He was paid well at 96 by all accounts so I'm sure he wasn't short.

Also nobody knows if he was suspended and whether it was with or without pay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

Courtesy of thejournal.ie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

I want to see him take over from Wayne in the plane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Focking resign.

How a guy like this can hold a position on the airwaves says a lot about Irish society, but more especially the people who employ him.

How the think that any of his views can be credible after an incident like that is mind boggling.

Difficult to understand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I listened to the file from journal.ie .. it seemed to be truncated ? :confused:

Regarding the issue, he is trying to make out that he had no idea what had happened until a few days afterward... As if he'd had a seizure or a blackout.. Very bizarre incident.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭Heckler

I'm from Cork and would listen to Prenderville on and off. Normally flick between 2fm, today fm and 96fm depending on whatever they were talking about.

Never a fan of the man himself. Thought he was a fairly self-righteous twat or a complete troll, could never figure out which.

That said, the man had a **** in an admittedly highly inappropriate place but its not like he murdered anyone for gods sake. There are people sentenced everyday for henious crimes who don't get half the publicity or hatred that prenderville is getting.

Every second thread on AH is about the leniency of sentences for murderers, rapists and child molesters yet people seem to think he should nearly hang for what he did.

He and his family have suffered enough i reckon. Let him take his dues when back on the radio for a week and then let it go.

He only had a tug ffs.

Heckler wrote: »

That said, the man had a **** in an admittedly highly inappropriate place but its not like he murdered anyone for gods sake. There are people sentenced everyday for henious crimes who don't get half the publicity or hatred that prenderville is getting.

As he said himself in the interview - if it had been someone else who had done this on Heathrow-Cork plane he would of covered it and you just know he would have went to town on it with all the self-righteous moral outrage he could muster. That's the point really, if he wasn't Cork's even less charmless version of Jeremy Kyle than maybe people would have more sympathy for him.

p.s. every second thread in AH is calling for leniency for murders..etc! :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

I'm from Cork and would listen to Prenderville on and off. Normally flick between 2fm, today fm and 96fm depending on whatever they were talking about.

Never a fan of the man himself. Thought he was a fairly self-righteous twat or a complete troll, could never figure out which.

Every second thread on AH is about the leniency of sentences for murderers, rapists and child molesters yet people seem to think he should nearly hang for what he did.

He and his family have suffered enough i reckon. Let him take his dues when back on the radio for a week and then let it go.

He only had a tug ffs.

Having said all of that,how would you feel if your wife and child were sitting next to him on the plane that night,with what he is alledged to have done?
    I must say the man has balls of steel(pardon the pun)for coming back.
    It would probably be as handy(sorry) to retire.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Having said all of that,how would you feel if your wife and child were sitting next to him on the plane that night,with what he is alledged to have done?

My girlfriend would probably have a giggle at first before telling him to cop himself on. It happened on a crowded plane ffs.
    Not down some dark ally late at night. She wouldn't be mentally scarred for life over it. Its obvious the man wasn't in his right mind at the time.

The question is - Do Prendeville's wife and kids have to be continually reminded of something which affected them also, through no fault of their own?

I never heard of Prendeville until that incident, and I won't lose any sleep if I never hear about him again. He, more than anyone else will have to live with the consequences of his actions for the rest of his life. It takes immense courage for him to move on and rebuild his life in the public eye. Its easy for people to ridicule him here under the cover of anonymity, but surely its time everyone else moved on as well.

I'm not excusing what he did, but in the great scheme of things, it was a relatively harmless and embarrassing act. There are many people walking our streets today who have metaphorically and literally screwed and raped the people of this country for generations. Many of them in elected and respected positions, also holding and preaching the 'high moral ground'.
    If those having a laugh at prendeville's expense focused as much of their attention on these c--ts, maybe Ireland would be a better place today.

Give the man a break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Yes there are many people walking around today who have screwed the country and still hold office.In fact tere are people who want them there and will vote for them continually. Isn't that the thing though?In Ireland,these people don't pay the price for their actions. Nobody loses their job when money is wasted or an incompotent decision is made. This man has no credibility and is not really in a position to host a radio show now. He should have been prosecuted for the disgusting act he committed and got off on a technicality.Things haven't worked out too badly. He gets his job back and faces no criminal charges. Not a bad result. Now blame alcohol like so many do in this country, and hey presto you are a victim in all of this!:) NO ACCOUNTABILITY,NO RESPONSIBILITY
    It's almost funny,except that it lowers standards another notch in this country when they are pretty low as it is.
    I do feel sorry for his kids though. The wife no.She should kick him out.The kids have no choice if she chooses to stand by this creep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭GSF

Presenters found in court to have assaulted people are accepted back on radio, so I cant honestly see how this is worse that what those presenters did?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭Heckler

Rubik. wrote: »
    As he said himself in the interview - if it had been someone else who had done this on Heathrow-Cork plane he would of covered it and you just know he would have went to town on it with all the self-righteous moral outrage he could muster. That's the point really, if he wasn't Cork's even less charmless version of Jeremy Kyle than maybe people would have more sympathy for him.

p.s. every second thread in AH is calling for leniency for murders..etc! :confused:

Reread my post. I said ABOUT the leniency of sentences not CALLING for leniency.

Reread my post. I said ABOUT the leniency of sentences not CALLING for leniency.

Era, calm down ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭komodosp

Didn't know anything about him until his incident... But I hear he was supposedly really conservative or something which was what made it all the more funny... Would like to hear some of what was saying that was so conservative... are there any links to this?

Lapin wrote: »
    My girlfriend would probably have a giggle at first before telling him to cop himself on. It happened on a crowded plane ffs.
    Not down some dark ally late at night. She wouldn't be mentally scarred for life over it. Its obvious the man wasn't in his right mind at the time.

The question is - Do Prendeville's wife and kids have to be continually reminded of something which affected them also, through no fault of their own?

I never heard of Prendeville until that incident, and I won't lose any sleep if I never hear about him again. He, more than anyone else will have to live with the consequences of his actions for the rest of his life. It takes immense courage for him to move on and rebuild his life in the public eye. Its easy for people to ridicule him here under the cover of anonymity, but surely its time everyone else moved on as well.

I'm not excusing what he did, but in the great scheme of things, it was a relatively harmless and embarrassing act. There are many people walking our streets today who have metaphorically and literally screwed and raped the people of this country for generations. Many of them in elected and respected positions, also holding and preaching the 'high moral ground'.
    If those having a laugh at prendeville's expense focused as much of their attention on these c--ts, maybe Ireland would be a better place today.

Give the man a break.

My nut brown bollox, the guy had a good number and decided to fcuk it up in the most private and public place you could think of, an aeroplane.

How can anyone take the guy seriously ?

Should never get near a microphone ever.

Had his chance, but couldn't handle it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

My nut brown bollox, the guy had a good number and decided to fcuk it up in the most private and public place you could think of, an aeroplane.

How can anyone take the guy seriously ?

Should never get near a microphone ever.

Had his chance, but couldn't handle it.

How can something be private and public at the same time?.Are you in a bit of a Flutter there Bantam?

• Advertisement

An aircraft seat buddy,next time you fly, hang your arm all over the person in the seat beside you, you will be told quick enough to stay in your own space.

:eek:Hopefully!!!

Advertisement