Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pork fillet recipe ideas?

Options
  • 25-03-2011 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65,497 ✭✭✭✭
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

First thing in my mind would be Avoca Lakeshore Pork, but the person I'm cooking for tomorrow doesn't like it

Any ideas for other recipes with a pork fillet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭nompere

• Registered Users Posts: 65,497 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Looks very promising and I've all the ingredients already, except the red currant jelly. Gonna replace that with either raspberry or lingonberry jam. Good way to get rid of my parsnips :D

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Lornen

I just cook mine in a home made glaze of literally everything and anything.
    Brown sugar, whiskey, vinegar, some cayenne pepper, smoked paprika, black pepper and tomato sauce.

Works for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

I'm going to be stuffing one with blackpudding stuffing and spinach this weekend then wrapping in bacon and roasting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,497 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Thanks all

I went for the pork fillet with prunes recipe from nompere. Was really nice and I'll be making it again. Nice change from the usual apple sauce with the pork fillet

The parsnip / potatoe mash was lovely too, thanks no doubt to the large knob of butter :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,474 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I bought a job lot of pork steaks at the weekend and cut one of them into 2cm slices, marinated it in soy sauce, maple syrup, ginger, garlic, sesame oil and sweet chili then pan fried it for a couple of minutes and served it with fried asparagus.

Advertisement