Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clearing Customs Immigration at Terminal 2

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭yew_tree

Cheers, might arrive at 5:30 just to be on the safe side so and not be rushing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

yew_tree wrote: »
    Would one have time for breakfast at the airport, say arriving at 6:00am for 9:00am flight to NY? I assume there is nowhere to eat once you pass through pre-clearance?

I flew to Chicago from T2 about 3 weeks ago and only arrived at the airport two and a half hours before the flight (was aiming for three but got stuck in unexpected traffic!). I went through US Pre-Clearance and there was a little restaurant after that which I ate at. So I think you'd be fine, but I guess it does depend on how busy Pre-Clearance is at that time. It was about 8:30am when I went through.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Hi all, going to the States for the first time next week and just wondering what can I expect in terms of extra checks and things at the airport.

I'm flying to New York from Dublin with BA but it looks like the flight is actually operated by American Airlines. I have filled in the ESTA visa waiver form online but I'm wondering is there anything else I need to/should do before I go?

Also what do I have to do in terms of interviews and checks both in Dublin & NY? Never travelled outside the EU before so all this is a bit different!

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭mark17j

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Hi all, going to the States for the first time next week and just wondering what can I expect in terms of extra checks and things at the airport.

I'm flying to New York from Dublin with BA but it looks like the flight is actually operated by American Airlines. I have filled in the ESTA visa waiver form online but I'm wondering is there anything else I need to/should do before I go?

Also what do I have to do in terms of interviews and checks both in Dublin & NY? Never travelled outside the EU before so all this is a bit different!

Once you have your approved ESTA and a valid passport you're ready to go, If you are flying direct to N.Y from Dublin, immigration/Custom checks will be done in Dublin by the homeland security. They will ask you a few brief questions, check that you have a return ticket, Take a photo of you and scan your prints and stamp you in for 90 days.
    Enjoy your trip !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,445 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Adamcp898 wrote: »

You won't encounter any officials in NY, when you land there you'll be treated as if you came off a domestic flight. The process in Dublin airport includes immigration, customs and US Dept of Agriculture clearance so don't bring any fresh fruit to eat on the plane. They're not aggressive about these things so don't worry about an apple getting you denied entry to the US, anything they don't like they will ask you to deposit in a special bin, then they'll stamp your passport and let you through.

• Advertisement
Advertisement