Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attention Darts Players/Fans

• 25-03-2011 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

I'm running a big darts tornament down in Treacy's Hotel (The Bridge Hotel/Breens to some folk) on Saturday the 14th of May with a 12 Noon start.

It is going to be a big event and we have a lot of good darts players here in Waterford playing in both the city league and the Tramore league so hoping this will go well.

This is an open event to all darts players with an entrance fee of Twenty Euros.

The Prize fund is as follows,

Winner - 1000 Euros and Treacy's Hotel Trophy
    Runner Up - 400 Euros
    Losing Semi Finalists - 150 Euro Each
    Losing Quarter Finalists - 50 Euro Each

Application Forms are now available to register for the tournament at http://www.treacyshotelwaterford.com/meeting-events/waterford-darts-tournament

The application forms can be printed off and posted to the hotel address on the form. Anyone that would like me to e-mail them an event poster to hang in their local pub or workplace please feel free to contact me at the details provided below.

I will also be out at the Tramore Spring Festival in O Shea's Hotel in a couple of weeks time so if anyone would like to fill out an application form to register then that is easily arranged.

Alternatively please feel free to me contact me on infodarts2011@yahoo.com if you have any queries or check out our facebook page by searching for "Treacy's Hotel Darts Open".

Hope to see ye all there,

Best Regards,

Patrick

(Hope this is ok here Sully?)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5 noelburke39

is there a time limit on entries.whens closing date?whats the format?

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Bluezar

is there a time limit on entries.whens closing date?whats the format?

Hi Noel,

Accepting entries up until Friday the 13th May so that we have numbers confirmed the day before. It will be a straight knockout tournament with the first round beginning at best of 7 and this will progress throughout the further stages.

Patrick

Posters for this event are now up around a number of pubs around the town. Application forms are also now available from http://www.treacyshotelwaterford.com/meeting-events/waterford-darts-tournament or alternatively you can collect one from the hotel reception or contact myself on infodarts2011@yahoo.com.

Cheers,

Patrick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Someone from the lantern will win this. Some good players there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

seanybiker wrote: »
    Someone from the lantern will win this. Some good players there

Want to have a little charity bet on this ??

• Advertisement

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    Want to have a little charity bet on this ??

I'm poor. How much?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

seanybiker wrote: »
    I'm poor. How much?

€10 to the winners charity .

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    €10 to the winners charity .

Ok so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28 elchupanebray

what would your view on people entering who wouldn't be the best quality players and realise they haven't a hope of winning but would like to play for the whole tournament expierience.

what would your view on people entering who wouldn't be the best quality players and realise they haven't a hope of winning but would like to play for the whole tournament expierience.
    I'd imagine once you can hit the board fairly often they wouldn't mind. Surely the more the merrier. Could be wrong though

• Advertisement

Your more than welcome to enter. As I have said previously it is an open event which anyone can enter. I have a few of my mates playing as well who to put it nicely, are not the best players on earth but its going to be a good tournament and would be a good place for a beginner to begin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Screw it, I'm gonna do it for the laugh. Now to show the sheer heights of my Professionalism, do I have to supply my own darts? :)

Edit: to put this into perspective if I aim for the 20 I'd be happy if it hit the 1 or 5.

ziedth wrote: »
    Screw it, I'm gonna do it for the laugh. Now to show the sheer heights of my Professionalism, do I have to supply my own darts? :)

Edit: to put this into perspective if I aim for the 20 I'd be happy if it hit the 1 or 5.
    Hahaha surely you have your own darts. Pick up a set and get used to the weight and all that crack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I prob haven't thrown anything outside of distance darts (think Mixing Darts with the shot put in a pub) in years. I'll get a lend of them are but the cheapest possible ones from argos.

ziedth wrote: »
    I prob haven't thrown anything outside of distance darts (think Mixing Darts with the shot put in a pub) in years. I'll get a lend of them are but the cheapest possible ones from argos.

I'll have a few spare sets on the day you can borrow bud:)

Hey guys,

With the tournament just over three weeks away now is the time to get your entry in to secure your place. The response so far has been very positive and there is a lot of players here in Waterford who are looking forward to challenging some of the country's best here in Waterford. The application form is available to download from http://www.treacyshotelwaterford.com/meeting-events/waterford-darts-tournament . Fill out the application form and send it back to the hotel with the entry fee and you good to go. Alternatively you can call into the hotel and fill out an application form at the front desk.

If anyone has any queries please feel free to contact me at infodarts2011@yahoo.co.uk or search for Treacy's Hotel Darts Open on Facebook.

Cheers,
    Patrick

Due to unforseen circumstances, this event which was scheduled for Friday 14th May has been cancelled. We apologise to all who were looking forward to playing this event

Advertisement