Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is higher level french needed for pharmacist ireland

• 25-03-2011 2:32pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭

I'll be going to RCSI

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,232 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

If it requires Matriculation standard (as per NUI), then I think yes, unless you have another language instead of French.
    Irish Leaving Certificate candidates must present; Irish, English, Maths, a 3rd Language, a Laboratory Science Subject and another 6th Subject accepted for matriculation purposes.

Probably best to contact the college directly to find out for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

you could do pass french if you don't like it - sounds like that's why your asking...

best bet is just to check the requirements or to drop an email to the college

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

fontdor wrote: »
    I'll be going to RCSI
    I wish we all already knew what offers we'll be getting like you... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

fontdor wrote: »
    I'll be going to RCSI

Not if you don't pass French!

Copied and pasted from the Rcsi website....

Subject Minimum Grade Irish OD3 English OD3 Maths OD3 A third language OD3 Chemistry, Biology or Physics HC3 Another matriculation subject OD3 As a guide, the minimum points required for 2010 were 530.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Not if you don't pass French!

Copied and pasted from the Rcsi website....

Subject Minimum Grade Irish OD3 English OD3 Maths OD3 A third language OD3 Chemistry, Biology or Physics HC3 Another matriculation subject OD3 As a guide, the minimum points required for 2010 were 530.
    Incidentally, if you fail higher Irish (Say you get 38% e.t.c.) does that disqualify you?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Incidentally, if you fail higher Irish (Say you get 38% e.t.c.) does that disqualify you?

I would assume so, i know some schools accept an E in honours irish/maths as a pass but don't give you the points for it, but i didn't notice it written anywhere on the rcsi website.

Advertisement