Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilmainham to Dublin Airport

Options
  • 25-03-2011 3:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Myself and 5 friends need to get from kilmainham to dublin airport next week. What is the best option to take?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

its only about 20e in a regular taxi for one or two people so might be worth just chipping in and paying for one. The airport bus goes from Heuston but with that amount of people you'd be better off financially in taxi.

Your other option is to get bus/luas to town and get 16a or 41C to airport from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭yupyup7up

ams wrote: »
    its only about 20e in a regular taxi for one or two people so might be worth just chipping in and paying for one. The airport bus goes from Heuston but with that amount of people you'd be better off financially in taxi.

Your other option is to get bus/luas to town and get 16a or 41C to airport from there.

cool nice one thanks! didnt think a cab would be that cheap. will probably take that option. cheers!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

Yeah thought it would be more expensive myself but its well worth it - you could prob book a taxi bus in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

25% off your fare if you book with 8202020 taxis.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

@Gavin
    Makikomi wrote: »
    A few companies will offer you a 20% discount on the fare, I hate these because the drive doesn't get a 20% discount on his base fee's.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭xalot

If you walk from the Hilton to Heuston (5 min walk) then you can get the 747/748 airport bus(I always get them mixed up) direct to the airport.

A taxi from there will cost you nearly 30€ with bags - 2 people.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 formernyer

It's the 748 from Heuston. If you can book a cab that will take all 5 of you, there won't be a significant difference in the cost though (€30 for bus; taxi should be less depending on traffic).

Advertisement