Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Raw 28/03 *Spoilers*

• 25-03-2011 3:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,980 ✭✭✭✭

I know way too early but the great one Rock is live on the last Raw before Mania and Undertaker is on too

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Taker and Trips need to do something bloody interesting. The build has been akin to a wet teabag. I've no doubt that it'll be a great match but the promise of a decent match isn't a draw especially for the casual fan. Storylines and characters sell PPVs.

This week's RAW has to be a home run. If it flops like last week it'll be a very poor Mania. I'm sure after WWE got a kick up the arse with the EC buyrate (which is down ~85,000 buys from last year) they'll pull out all the stops this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,980 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I hope there is a confrontation between Rock/Cena/Miz

Rock's live so there'll be something big between Rock/Cena/Miz to close the show :) this should be the best RAW of the year!! It needs to be!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Cant wait to see what will happen when Rock comes to town. As for the Taker/HHH thing, it kinda feels like they are building it up in the same way big fights in boxing or UFC are built up. Just have a load of interviews with the fighters and they come face to face at the weigh-in/conference (which will be the upcoming Raw).

They should have it a 3 hour show to have time to build up the hype properly.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/article/spoiler-photos-snooki-wwe-divas-shoot-raw-bar-brawl-127027

Bar room brawl video was shot involving WWE Divas Trish Stratus, LayCool, and Jersey Shore's Snooki, and the vignette is set to air on Raw this Monday night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,370 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

so, it's tonight.

a HHH/Taker confrontation guaranteed.

Rocky on the show, with almost guaranteed interrarction with Cena and Miz.

what are people's expectations for tonight?

i'm pretty damn optimistic tbh. Vince knows he needs buys. i think he knows people will be watching tonight (i do expect ratings to be up). and i'm hopeful he'll make a last-ditch effort for buys.

bring it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Taker and Trips need to do something bloody interesting. The build has been akin to a wet teabag. I've no doubt that it'll be a great match but the promise of a decent match isn't a draw especially for the casual fan. Storylines and characters sell PPVs.

Rock/Cena/Miz is for casual fans. Taker/HHH will be for people who want a great match. Double main event to appeal to both types of fans. Like when WCW had the NWO to capture casual fans and they had the cruiserweights for the hardcore.

Plus I see tonight as being the key moment of the build up. They have let it gently simmer over the last 5 weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,177 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

The taker and Hunter build up has been a flop, decent face off a few weeks ago, but since then both have cut the same run of the mill promo's, not good enough for Mania really. Taker's on SD and Hunter's on Raw last week were both = NO ****ING BUYS!:pac:

Need something special tonight to salvage that one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,055 ✭✭✭✭cena

Can we order mania yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I would say that there could be a Miz/HHH v Cena/Taker tag match tonight.
    Possibly with Rock as ref?
    It could be a massive match and will probably get pushed back to SD, without the rocks involvement.

Another point is that its also only a week to the premiere to Tough Enough so i would say we could get an introduction to each of the contestants tonight.

• Advertisement

http://www.twnpnews.com/messages2/33363.php
    Tonight's WWE RAW is sold out and will take place from the Allstate Arena in Chicago, IL. This is the last RAW before WrestleMania 27. WWE will tape Superstars, NXT and segments for Friday's SmackDow tonight before RAW. Edge, Triple H, John Cena and Randy Orton vs. Wade Barrett, The Miz, CM Punk and Alberto Del Rio is advertised locally.

Here's what's confirmed for tonight's show:
    * A showdown between The Rock, The Miz and John Cena
    * A showdown between Triple H and The Undertaker
    * Pre-taped segment with Trish Stratus, Snooki, Layla and Michelle McCool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

No work tomorrow, I'll be staying up for this one anyway. Thread should be good craic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

CMpunked wrote: »
    I would say that there could be a Miz/HHH v Cena/Taker tag match tonight.

Good idea! Or Miz/Del Rio V Cena/Edge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

Rjd2 wrote: »
    The taker and Hunter build up has been a flop, decent face off a few weeks ago, but since then both have cut the same run of the mill promo's, not good enough for Mania really. Taker's on SD and Hunter's on Raw last week were both = NO ****ING BUYS!:pac:

Need something special tonight to salvage that one.

orton remembers his legend killer gimmick and that he is boring as a face and takes out both taker and hhh

punk converts snookie into his ses

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

This week's RAW has to be a home run. If it flops like last week it'll be a very poor Mania. I'm sure after WWE got a kick up the arse with the EC buyrate (which is down ~85,000 buys from last year) they'll pull out all the stops this week.
    Couldn't agree more. The build-up to it has been pretty woeful, which is bad for two of the biggest names in the WWE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Cans are chilling in the fridge. Really looking forward to tonight. Better make sure my ignore list is up to date ;)

Charisteas wrote: »
    Good idea! Or Miz/Del Rio V Cena/Edge.

that seems more likely actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

This is the biggest show since Bret came back over a year ago. There is no Smackdown taping this week which makes this show even bigger.Fingers crossed Booker won't be there.

So they taped two Smackdowns last week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Finally...I've longed to see a Rock/Cena in-ring confrontation for years. Hope it delivers. Can't see how it won't frankly. Could be an epic Raw if they get it right.

• Advertisement

Charisteas wrote: »
    So they taped two Smackdowns last week?

No this weeks Smackdown will be used to show videos hyping up Mania & they might show some footage of the wrestlemania fan interaction thing.

So theres no SD this week at all?

This IS it, the go-home show for mania?

Pity it isnt a 3 hour show :(

There's going to be a lot to be squeezed into two hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

Finally...I've longed to see a Rock/Cena in-ring confrontation for years. Hope it delivers. Can't see how it won't frankly. Could be an epic Raw if they get it right.

well it will be interesting to see what type of promo cena (or the writers) come up with, he's being very quiet on raw since glaad had words with the wwe about his usual homophobic promo/tripe. in my opinion The Rock/Miz could make better viewing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Too excited for this!

For some reason I feel like Miz and Riley might take out both Cena and Rock tonight have Miz look strong going into Mania but I would like see at least one rock bottom or people's elbow tonight

Is Christian on Raw tonight so?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    For some reason I feel like Miz and Riley might take out both Cena and Rock tonight have Miz look strong going into Mania but I would like see at least one rock bottom or people's elbow tonight

Is Christian on Raw tonight so?

Apparently there is a Fall count Anywhere Del Rio vs Christian match on Smackdown, I expect it to be taped tonite at Raw.I read this on Pwinsider.com just now.

GTR63 wrote: »
    Apparently there is a Fall count Anywhere Del Rio vs Christian match on Smackdown, I expect it to be taped tonite at Raw.I read this on Pwinsider.com just now.

So there is a SD show this week

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

So there is a SD show this week

from pro wrestling.com: Despite previous reports, WWE will indeed be taping SmackDown matches after this coming Monday's RAW in Chicago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Big night tonight on one of the years most important Raws.

Here's hoping the confrontations live up to the hype and do the show justice.

More Rock and some sort of HHH/Taker feud building is always good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Back to 2am this week in case anyone isn't sure!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

from pro wrestling.com: Despite previous reports, WWE will indeed be taping SmackDown matches after this coming Monday's RAW in Chicago.
    WWE is taping Raw, Superstars, and Smackdown tonight in Chicago, as there are no Smackdown tapings tomorrow night. One match that has been announced through the Cablevision Optimum app is Alberto Del Rio vs. Christian "Falls Count Anywhere" match for Friday's Smackdown.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,277 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

WWE is taping Raw, Superstars, and Smackdown tonight in Chicago, as there are no Smackdown tapings tomorrow night. One match that has been announced through the Cablevision Optimum app is Alberto Del Rio vs. Christian "Falls Count Anywhere" match for Friday's Smackdown.
    Maybe the Corre will cost Christian the match with Kofi/Kane/Show make the save and announce their match at WM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,177 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Pity we won't develop the Masters v Reks Superstars feud here :(

FYP.:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,055 ✭✭✭✭cena

Nearly forgot too tape this.

And here we go...

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭TheBantam

I love seeing heels get cheered!

Especially when they play up to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭POSSY

Just realized who Punk reminds me of... Luke "Ming" Flanagan... I'm never gonna watch him wrestle the same again!!!

Give up the weed Punk, and for the love of God buy a suit! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Ya Randell............

super-rush wrote: »
    Cans are chilling in the fridge. Really looking forward to tonight. Better make sure my ignore list is up to date ;)

ha ha ha f*cking hilarious. Did Chicago Made Punk get a pop when he came out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Randall Keith Orton :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

makings of a great raw here, crowd seem decent too

ha ha ha f*cking hilarious. Did Chicago Made Punk get a pop when he came out?

He was sitting in the middle of the ring when the show opened.
    He said he doesn't think the crowd in Atlanta will be as warm as his home crowd. Big pop.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Lol @ Randall the dead duck

Jayob10 wrote: »
    makings of a great raw here, crowd seem decent too

Ya they seem alot more up for it adds so much more to the auld show :)

Enjoying this segment so far Punk has been class act whole way threw and Orton is just well Orton lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

seriously punk is a f*cking brilliant heel, that was great stuff there

Its been 6 years since they teamed up on raw!! Damn where did my life go :P

Looking forward to this :-)

The punk/orton build up has had quite a retro feel to it.

Edge and Christian, they reek of awesomeness. :D
    Hope they use the old music!

• Advertisement
Advertisement