Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Syringe Attacks on Infirmary Road

Options
  • 25-03-2011 3:46pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭

We got an email this morning in work warning those going home via Infirmary Road that 2 attacks have taken place with syringes to get handbags off women after 7.30 in the evening. Just thought Id let you guys know. Apparently its teenaged girls about 18 coming up behind women and jabbing them with what they say is a syringe and grabbing their bags.

I walk down there every evening and its fairly deserted at that time of the evening. Anyone alone is fodder really.

Just thought Id let ye know.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭Gman1

One thing that would scare the **** outta me is a syringe attack.. But believe me, if it happened I would react as if I had nothing to lose. Scumbags need to be culled.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Infirmary Rd. can get very rough, I used live at the top of it and had a few hairy encounters (And not the ones coming out of the park neither). A shame, especially considering you're within an asses roar of both the Garda HQ in the park and an manned military hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Some balls to attack people right outside the CCJ.

Be careful out there everyone...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Just keep your wits about you and travel in pairs/groups I spose,a lot of addicts coming from O'Devaney Garden's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

NickDrake wrote: »
    Scummy Northside Dublin.

This city is full of too many scumbags and taxi drivers.

Do this again and I'll ban you for one month.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Gerry Asstrix

Im from this area and have asked afew people about the place and have heard nothing of this, and have heard nothing like this in my time living round there.

Yes O'Devaney Gardens flats is around the corner, but that doesnt mean that there are syringe weilding thieves running amok

The sparkling new Courthouse down the road attracts scum from all over the country, and is actually the biggest source of trouble in the Dublin 7 area lately.

But please dont tarnish a whole area with hearsay and gossip with unproven rumours.

Ive lived in areas that are 'middle class' and seen far worse going on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

You know what, we don't really need your attitude here.

Step out of line and that one month ban is going to be permanent, and looking at your ban history from other forums you'll deserve it.

Well that is a bit petty. What do other forums have to do with it??

Why don't you just PM me if you have a problem . I don't really think you should be posting about me on a thread. Not really what a Mod does.

Can we get back on topic please??

FINAL WARNING FOR THIS USER - MAKIKOMI.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

Augmerson wrote: »
    How many European cities have you been to?

Many thats why I have that opinion. Some parts of this wonderful city are full of them and it takes from the overall image.

Regarding the attacks - It is not something new really for the area of the city and hopefully people will take care

• Registered Users Posts: 22,322 ✭✭✭✭Esel

"Forget it, Jake. It's Dublin 8."

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

wixfjord wrote: »
    For gods sake, perfectly reasonable thread taken off kilter by this ****e.

I'm just in from work and about to hit the sack.. I'll clean up the thread in a few hours - necking a Budweiser and hitting the pit in a minute..

**edit**

Clean up complete, and the thread is re-opened.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭vampire of kilmainham

Fajitas! wrote: »
    Infirmary Rd. can get very rough, I used live at the top of it and had a few hairy encounters (And not the ones coming out of the park neither). A shame, especially considering you're within an asses roar of both the Garda HQ in the park and an manned military hospital.
    bricans military hospital and it's personal are not there to deal with syrange attack muggins and the bridwell gardai deal with that area not garda hq in the pk...Dont forget as well ya have to be on your guard everywhere now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭vampire of kilmainham

Just keep your wits about you and travel in pairs/groups I spose,a lot of addicts coming from O'Devaney Garden's.
    dont just assume that addicts come from o' deveney there's plenty of good decent people in there and around that whole area ye get scumbags everywhere now...

Advertisement