Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baker Place moving to Riddlers/Foleys anyone hear?

• 25-03-2011 4:26pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭

Hear Baker Place might be kept going in a new spot?

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Looking at their respective Facebook pages, it looks like the guys who did the band promotions are organising a music event in Foley's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,087 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Looking at their respective Facebook pages, it looks like the guys who did the band promotions are organising a music event in Foley's.

I think before they started doing music events in Bakers they used to do things in Riddlers a few years back.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Jambo221

Some of the gigs that were organised for Baker's are apparently being moved there, except the Siege is on in the Stables in UL.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Its good that theres a chance Bakers will be saved but god the thoughts of it lining the pockets of the owners of Foleys/Bitter end

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭L.T.P.

I can't see the Bakers complex being closed for too long. With a little bit of a re-vamp it could be a great spot. Depends what rent they are looking for though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

Jambo221 wrote: »
    Some of the gigs that were organised for Baker's are apparently being moved there, except the Siege is on in the Stables in UL.

Where did you hear the siege was on in UL? I hope its true.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Jambo221

Where did you hear the siege was on in UL? I hope its true.
    It was on Facebook, Limrock and Bad Reputation posted about it, it's on the official event page too. Apparently they're setting up a stage in the courtyard, so there's still 2 stages, it's gonna be awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

Jambo221 wrote: »
    It was on Facebook, Limrock and Bad Reputation posted about it, it's on the official event page too. Apparently they're setting up a stage in the courtyard, so there's still 2 stages, it's gonna be awesome.

nice one great news cant wait

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 180 ✭✭if6was9

Some slight mis-information here. Bakers isn't "moving" anywhere, it's closed. May open if someone else leases the place but it could be any type of bar/club if it does.
    Myself (sound engineer who worked in Bakers) and Cormac (booked/promoted the gigs in Bakers) are still gonna be putting on shows around the city. We're not doing it in any one venue exclusively such as Foleys/Riddlers but doing on a per gig basis. We'll be using Foleys, Dolans, the Loft, possibly Leddins and anywhere else suitable that pops up. We're not being paid by anyone to do it, we just feel theres a big hole there and bands need someone to be running gigs for them to play.

The Siege is moved to the Stables in UL. We took a look at alot of potential places to host it after we found Bakers was shutting its doors and this seemed the best that was available to us on the 24rd April. We're hoping people still come out and support it. For people that don't know its a free in, all day hard rock/metal festival with nearly 30 bands over 2 stages. It's the 5th one we've ran and we do it twice a year. Hope it's not considered spamming if I post a poster for more info!
    siegeVMAIN-1.jpg

Advertisement