Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are au pair agency monthly fees justified?

Options
  • 25-03-2011 4:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I am exploring au pair agency fees and note that they charge on a monthly basis. I also note that they have difficultly justifying when asked what these fees are actually for. Do you have any experience?

By way of example, Cara International (according to their website) charge €90 p/month.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

This might be better suited to the Parenting forum

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 16 ASportingChance

Hi
    Not all do.
    I run a small agency from home (v successful) that just charges a search and finder fee and lets the family make the choice on the right match for their family.
    I presume these guys charge a monthly fee because they are taking a chance on who will fit with your family and may have to replace them loads of times to get the right fit.
    There are others out there not charging monthly fees.

Mod Note: If you wish to advertise your service please contact hello@boards.ie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 jamie01

I appreciate the have a living to make but sometimes au pairs leave due to no fault of the family. Everthing seems to be stacked against the family. I would prefer a once off fee for the work involved at the outself, there doesn't seem to be any ongoing service to justify an ongoing charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Shelli2

I work in an English language school, and lots of families call in to place advertisements on our notice boards (free of charge) and then simply interview the applicants themselves.

Advertisement