Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Hot Chili Peppers anyone???

Options
  • 25-03-2011 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭

Is there any chance of them playing Marley Park this year.

With other festivals lined up I was kinda hoping they would do Oxegen but they haven't been announced for that.

I was thinking they could do this year's Slane but thats booked out by Kings of Leon.

I would really love to see them this summer:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Are they not on a break currently?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭overshoot

Re average runner-they have a new ablum which will be out around summertime, their fisrt since fruchante left.

karaokeman- i dont think they can do slane, they guy who organises it said that the Rolling Stones were the only band he would let play twice (im pretty sure its headline twice, seen as the chilis played alongside u2 and then headlined the next year)

but yea id love to see them this summer too, im sure there is a tour coming with the new album

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Won't be the same without Frusciante but I would still love to see them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

overshoot wrote: »
    Re average runner-they have a new ablum which will be out around summertime, their fisrt since fruchante left.

karaokeman- i dont think they can do slane, they guy who organises it said that the Rolling Stones were the only band he would let play twice (im pretty sure its headline twice, seen as the chilis played alongside u2 and then headlined the next year)

but yea id love to see them this summer too, im sure there is a tour coming with the new album

http://www.herald.ie/entertainment/music/well-be-red-hot-at-slane-again-vow-chili-peppers-1785357.html

This is the interview where Chad stated they would like to play Slane again on their upcoming tour.

Also how can The Rolling Stones be the only band to headline twice when U2 did so as well?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Huh! I was getting excited when I saw the thread title!! Now I'm sad would love them to play again in Ireland soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Brenireland

My Eyes opened so wide,and then Fail:mad:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Seen them at Oxegen 06 and wasnt impressed imo. That said if the new album is good i will give them a second chance

• Registered Users Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭overshoot

karaokeman wrote: »
    http://www.herald.ie/entertainment/music/well-be-red-hot-at-slane-again-vow-chili-peppers-1785357.html

This is the interview where Chad stated they would like to play Slane again on their upcoming tour.

Also how can The Rolling Stones be the only band to headline twice when U2 did so as well?

u2 played it twice in one year, it was kinda different. i was just saying what your man that organises it said, it was nothing to do with the bands. hopefully he will relax it now that the stones have played it the second time, id rather see them play slane than anywhere else, but where ever they go il be looking for tickets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Seen them at Oxegen 06 and wasnt impressed imo.

They were hopeless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

If you want to see someone play for about an hour and sing terribly I play at an open mic down the local every now and then.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭AnalogueKid

I was a big fan in my youth, around the time of Mother's Milk and Blood Sugar Sex Magik. They are a huge disappointment live - poorly rehearsed, sloppy, not the sum of their parts. Flea is the only one of the four with any real stage presence, he's usually the only one to get the crowd going. I saw them once with Arik Marshall and once with Frusciante. Contemporaries such as Faith No More, Ministry and Primus all wipe the floor with them live.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Seen them at Oxegen 06 and wasnt impressed imo. That said if the new album is good i will give them a second chance

Exactly this! Will go cos do think/know they can be good live.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭oldscoil

I'd be hard pushed to cross the road to see them based on their Phoenix Park show in 2005.

Lacked life, energy, enthusiasm….I left early….and I never leave a gig early (apart from the Beastie’s in Brixton Academy in 1998, that was a truly terrible gig. Mic D spent a lot of time apologizing …..)

I think they are a band that survive on their reputation from years ago…..

oldscoil wrote: »
    I'd be hard pushed to cross the road to see them based on their Phoenix Park show in 2005.

Lacked life, energy, enthusiasm….I left early….and I never leave a gig early (apart from the Beastie’s in Brixton Academy in 1998, that was a truly terrible gig. Mic D spent a lot of time apologizing …..)

I think they are a band that survive on their reputation from years ago…..

I thought that PP gig was good. I was a long way back though.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Mushy wrote: »
    I thought that PP gig was good. I was a long way back though.

My sister was nearly gonna get me tickets for the PP gig but once my mam found out it was during the Junior Cert it was a massive NOOOO ha.

Would have loved to gone to the Slane gig (imo the best line up for Slane)

RHCP
    Foo Fighters
    QOTSA
    Feeder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Pity. Great recording band but very poor live, in my experience. The anticipation exceeds the realisation.

My sister was nearly gonna get me tickets for the PP gig but once my mam found out it was during the Junior Cert it was a massive NOOOO ha.

RHCP
    Foo Fighters
    QOTSA
    Feeder

I had the Junior Cert then:eek: 7 bloody years...ridiculous!

Yeah that Slane would've ben great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

RHCP
    Foo Fighters
    QOTSA
    Feeder

It's like, the best gig line up I have ever laid eyes on :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Cavan duck buster

Advertisement