Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Miles or KM on treadmills? etc

• 25-03-2011 5:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

my gym uses precor (i think thats the name..) gym equipment...it took me 20 mins to run 2.43 and 10 mins to cycle 4.31, but i can't figure out whether that's km or miles...any help?! thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭RoyMcC

Unless you're walking then that's miles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Its a number, it has no real world relevance anyway so I would say it doesn't really matter if they call it km or miles.

mloc123 wrote: »
    Its a number, it has no real world relevance anyway so I would say it doesn't really matter if they call it km or miles.

That's a great philosophy mloc :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

RoyMcC wrote: »
    That's a great philosophy mloc :)

But it is true, speed on a threadmill for the most part does not translate to road and speed on a stationary bike is a random number. I think the only metric that is worth noting on either would be HR.

Can't speak for the bike (doubt if I could ride one these days) but there's some correlation between tready and road - of course there are variables which you can narrow by altering the incline, etc.

But no, I actually wish sometimes I could just run and not give a stuff how far I've been, just run for the hell of it. The day I stop entering races maybe I will.

• Advertisement
Advertisement