Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet Radio

• 25-03-2011 5:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭

Hi all. We have a little internet Radio Station going here(Killaloe Area) and would love if you all checked it out. Its mainly country and Irish with a sprinkle of 80s (Thursday Nights). Everyone volunteers their time and its a great laugh at times. Theres a chat room where you can log in for a yap,so please check it out! Theres a few Boardsies logging in already.Thanks to Clareman for allowing this thread :D

http://www.ourfriendlyradiostation.com/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,019 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Congrats on the station ....... sounds pleasant :D

Now for the question ...... I did not find any link to use to play the station in an application other than using a browser. So is there such a link? Please post it if there is such, thanks.

I do not listen to radio on the PC using a browser .... have a selection of radio stations in a separate application, and would like to add yours to my list.

Best of luck with it.

regards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

Hi Johnboy1951 :)

If you download Winamp you can play the station without having to log in to the site or as I do myself, I have it on iTunes as well & the link appears as a track in the library so all I have to do is click on the "TRACK" & it automatically starts the radio.

Hope that helps! :)

chucken1 wrote: »
    Hi Johnboy1951 :)

If you download Winamp you can play the station without having to log in to the site or as I do myself, I have it on iTunes as well & the link appears as a track in the library so all I have to do is click on the "TRACK" & it automatically starts the radio.

Hope that helps! :)

Sorry, no it doesn't help :(

I just want a link to the stream that I can use in an existing app. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

Hi Johnboy. Can you log into the chatroom after 9 and the boss will talk to you. :)

chucken1 wrote: »
    Hi Johnboy. Can you log into the chatroom after 9 and the boss will talk to you. :)

I will certainly try ...... thanks ;)

• Advertisement

Thanks for the suggestion ...... I got the stream URL so all is well ..... thanks again.

For those who, like me, prefer to use a specific app for radio listening, here is the stream .....

http://freedom.wavestreamer.com:6710/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

I'm surprised any web radio stations still exist with the IMRO crackdown.

They are charging like 10,000 - 20,000 a year for a license to broadcast on the web, forcing all small stations to shut down.

And that was even before the three American counterparts got involved with the fees they charge.

I think it is insane that you can't run a small local web radio station without paying tens of thousands of euros a year.

Advertisement