Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Simply Electronics for lenses?

• 25-03-2011 5:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭

Anyone actually bought a lens or camera from these? Im going to get the 50mm F1.8 from them before I actually fork out the money for a 1.4.....

any suggestions (I need this lens in my hands within 7 - 10 days, as Im going away shortly after that,and just need time to get in some practise shots).

Thanks for tips.

Heres link - http://www.simplyelectronics.net/mainproduct.php?pid=518

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

Do a forum search for them. Loads of people have had bad experiences, most people seem to get by ok. They look like typical high throughput online resellers, ie, if things go well then everything will be just fine, if things go sour then they'll likely not bother to try and rectify the situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

You can get one on ebay from the UK for the same price and are far less likely to have problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 330 ✭✭Wamble

Thats where I got my 50mm. No problems and fast delivery.

I have, however, also heard of bad experiences.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

If simply electronics were giving them away i still would not go near them steer clear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭mumof2

jimmynokia wrote: »
    If simply electronics were giving them away i still would not go near them steer clear

ouch, sounds like youve experienced some bad luck with them.......correct me if im wrong:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

i was going to until i rang them
    this was after doing research check out av forums

i rang about buying phones i got this english bird on the phone and she was most ignorant that was enough on top of the research its a none runner would not recommend them to anybody

jimmynokia wrote: »
    i was going to until i rang them
    this was after doing research check out av forums

i rang about buying phones i got this english bird on the phone and she was most ignorant that was enough on top of the research its a none runner would not recommend them to anybody

Thanks for your feedback, I've decided to steer clear of them too! Its not worth the 50Eur difference, will buy in a bricks and morter shop next week - good old fashioned style. Its where I bought my camera anyhow, so may get a little discount! (or hopefully a free filter.....:D)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭leche solara

Since last May I've bought a 60D, a Canon sx210, Canon 60mm macro lens, a HTC Desire and a Canon 10-22mm lens from simply electronics. Only complaint is they all took nearly 2 weeks to arrive, but I reckon I saved a fortune.

mumof2 wrote: »
    will buy in a bricks and morter shop next week

No really, just get it from ebay.

Zillah wrote: »
    No really, just get it from ebay.

I havn't got enough in my Paypal account at the moment to pay £70 / €80. It takes about 3 days for it to reach my account, and haven't got the cash to put into it anyhow. Hence I need to pay by cc!! Good old Flexi Friend! Im in control of that at least:D

• Advertisement

I dunno about yours but my PayPal automatically charges my credit card.

OH!!! Thats handy!:D thanks for that, going to check it out if mine will alow that function too!! Might just be a case of changing settings within the accounts details.......

Thats great news!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Telchak

If you don't have a credit card you can use bank transfer to top up your PayPal account. Takes a few days though ;)

Advertisement