Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surfing This Weekend...

Options
  • 25-03-2011 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Just back from travelling for the last two years where I started surfing. Living in Dublin but was wondering how long it takes to get out west generally??

Bundoran - Sligo - Lahinch - where is the closest/best to go generally??

I realise it all depends on swell/direction/wind and what not but im sure they all have different breaks was just wondering if travelling from Dublin where would the quickest area to go to for a day trip....

Where would be best to go this weekend for instance??

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭sanbrafyffe

not much surf this weekend for you unfortunately.next weekend will be better.there will be surf but small.ya any of those places are good.i go to achill a good bit too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

Southern swell coming on Sunday, starting small but still worth a shot in Lahinch/Cork Area depending on what you're after.

Tramore is 2 hours away on the M7/M9
    Lahinch is 2 and a half hours on the M7
    Strandhill is less than 3 hours on the M4
    Bundoran is just over 3 hours on the N3
    Cork Area is just over 3 hours on the M7/M8

• Registered Users Posts: 29 General.Tee

Cheers for that. I see its small ye but might give it a shot anyway havent been out in a while.

was just wondering what time it generally took to get down. not much of a difference between them really. will prob head to bundoran for a paddle

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Im heading to lahinch on monday from Waterford. Im hoping to have at least 3ft clean..

I wouldn't come down to tramore tbh its been crap the last few weeks. Its looking to pick up next week but with a period of 5 - 6 seconds its not worth it.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 surfingstefan

hello guys. dont have a car so looking for surfers willing to share a car/petrol, otherwise we can rent one. im based in dublin, available 2 weekends a month. pls, let me know.

• Advertisement
Advertisement