Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hardwareversand bank transfer?

Options
  • 25-03-2011 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Just wondering when you do the bank transfer with with AIB internet banking there a part where it says message to reciever would you put your order number that hardwareversand gave you or what as i dont want to make a mistake when transfering alot of money .Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭omerin

I went to the bank to transfer the money, but I can't see the harm in putting the order number in that box. Don't think it will effect the transaction tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Seems like a good idea. Unless Hardwareversand specify something else to put there, I don't see how it could hurt. It's another reference to link the payment to the correct order.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,348 ✭✭✭nozzferrahhtoo

I work for a german company that does the software behind shops like Bild, Tonline, adler, strauss and more and for all these companies the code I write looks for your order number in the received payment first before anything else. So yes I would include it.

The details you enter on the payment go into an EDI file for all the webshops I work with, which gets imported into their ERP system.... Navision... SAP... so on... and order number is usually the first thing they look for... then customer number... after that they start desperately trying to match emails, address data and the like....

failing all that, it usually goes into a "manual" pile where someone in the Finance department has to match payments to orders manually... which you do not want given that orders do not generally get released to the Logistic department until the payment is marked received :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

In the confirmation email there are directions on where to send your money. You put what is titled "Intended purpose:" into the box "message to reciever". It's a string of numbers that contains your customer number and some other details.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭holdithoncho

i think i sorted it out. Was very suprised how easy it was with AIB internet banking sence i never done a bank trasfer before if anyones afraid about doing it they shouldnt it was quiet easy and saved abit over doing it with paypal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,348 ✭✭✭nozzferrahhtoo

Good to hear it is getting better. Here in Germany it is the primary way to pay for most purchases on line. It is called Vorkasse here and you simply put in your bank code and account code and its done. Dont even have to go into the bank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Get your bank to add their details to your account as a third party transaction for next time so you can pay online, my orders usually get shipped that evening, no trip to the bank ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭holdithoncho

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Get your bank to add their details to your account as a third party transaction for next time so you can pay online, my orders usually get shipped that evening, no trip to the bank ;)
    I did pay online thats why it was so easy sence its my first transaction with hardwareversand it will take a while to process but after that it should be alot quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Narrator

Sorry to bump this but it made more sense than making a new thread.

I made an order today with Hardwareversand and only thought of it on the way home from the bank that there was no order number in the email, then i checked the very bottom of the list and spotted the customer number..
    does this usually matter??

i filled in my name, address & bank account number.
    HWVS address, IBAN and Swift number and the amount to be paid and that was pretty much it.

Would you think this could cause any such complications with the order??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

I made an order for a friend a few weeks back and when he went to make the payment in the bank he forgot to add in the order number too.

I sent hwvs an e-mail explaining what happened, including as much info as possible. I never got a reply to the e-mails I sent, but the order did ship and I got all the stuff with no issues.
    I think the shipment was delayed a day or two because of this, but it should ship fine.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Narrator wrote: »
    Sorry to bump this but it made more sense than making a new thread.

I made an order today with Hardwareversand and only thought of it on the way home from the bank that there was no order number in the email, then i checked the very bottom of the list and spotted the customer number..
    does this usually matter??

i filled in my name, address & bank account number.
    HWVS address, IBAN and Swift number and the amount to be paid and that was pretty much it.

Would you think this could cause any such complications with the order??

There are 3 important numbers: SWIFT, IBAN, and intended purpose. If you have all those in the order then you'll be fine, you don't need the customer number or order number.

Damn, I never put the intended purpose number in there. There wasn't really a place for it.

Damn, I never put the intended purpose number in there. There wasn't really a place for it.

Usually there's a space called Additional Information, or Receiver Note to throw it into.

deconduo wrote: »

Usually there's a space called Additional Information, or Receiver Note to throw it into.

The only available space left now that I think of it was for an invoice number but I left it blank because I didn't want to make any mistakes or so I thought.

The only available space left now that I think of it was for an invoice number but I left it blank because I didn't want to make any mistakes or so I thought.

Yep, that would have been the one :P

deconduo wrote: »

Yep, that would have been the one :P

When I seen that intended purpose number it didn't really strike me as something important. The girl in the bank just went down through the form saying to fill in names, address, swift and iban.

I guess I just automatically went with that list of criteria seeing as I never filled out a bank transfer before.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭tdh

what are you supposed to write for intended purpose?
    last time i just put "computer parts".

I put the order number, customer no and email in the 3 boxes and it went through grand.

They are pretty bad at keeping you updated though. When I made my order i got no sign it went through - which I would of preferred since its such an unconventional way to pay.

a little off topic but I made a new order today and the delivery fee is only
    18,99 €

tdh wrote: »
    what are you supposed to write for intended purpose?
    last time i just put "computer parts".

I put the order number, customer no and email in the 3 boxes and it went through grand.

They are pretty bad at keeping you updated though. When I made my order i got no sign it went through - which I would of preferred since its such an unconventional way to pay.

a little off topic but I made a new order today and the delivery fee is only
    18,99 €

Here's a quick guide I did for online banking:
    http://imgur.com/a/BlC7k#0

Also they've dropped their shipping prices, thats pretty awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭..Brian..

Sorry if this is a thick question but how does this work?

You place the order fully and afterwardsthey send you a confirmation email with the relevant bank information so you can set up the money transfer?

..Brian.. wrote: »

You place the order fully and afterwardsthey send you a confirmation email with the relevant bank information so you can set up the money transfer?

Yep.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭tdh

..Brian.. wrote: »

in my case they never sent me any email with bank details or confirmation of any sort.
    You can go to "My Profile" then "Order History" to see your order confirmation and under that it gives the bank details (i think, its around there anyways).

I changed my original order since they didnt have a case and my new order was 200 less (+€12 of that cheaper shipping:pac:) and they asked for my iban and bic number for the refund.
    if you use BOI everytime you go to transfer money it lets you put in the intended purpose, 3x lines of text etc - each time- As opposed to just transferring the money straight away like a normal account

Does you guys think i could be alright with name, address, iban and swift??

i put the bank transfer through yesterday, is there any point in contacting hardwareverand about it??

Advertisement