Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tri shorts question?

Options
  • 25-03-2011 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭

Hi guys just wondering what people's opinions are on getting Tri shorts like these:

http://www.trizone.ie/index.php/triathlon/tri-shorts/2xu-mens-endurance-tri-shorts.html

As opposed to getting a swim specific jammer. I'm doing alot of swimming training lately as I'm intending on moving up from a sprint distance Tri to a Olympic distance later in the year. Would you suggest getting Tri shorts like above for my swimming training or getting a swim jammer. I suppose the advantage of getting the Tri shorts is I can always get a Tri top in the future and wear both doing a triathlon

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Swanner911

Hi Keano007,

I'd be of the opinion that you should defo go for the swim jammers when training a lot. The tri specific shorts, in my opinion, aren't durable enough for constant pool swimming in chlorine laden pools. The chamois, fabric and rear pockets in the tri shorts are great for under a wetsuit or an open water tri but not frequent pool immersions.

I've pool trained in tri shorts a few times and they just get wrecked whereas the speedo jammers etc are great.

That's what I think :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 ftoolio

Hi Keaneo,

Get specific swim shorts, tri shorts should really only be used for race days or brick sessions (cycling/runs). The chamois inside a pair of tri shorts is obviously designed for comfort during the cycle section, no need for that discomfort during your swim training.

Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭jenzersboi

Hi Keano, I agree, theyre a great pair of shorts... perfect for what you want them for :D

Advertisement