Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lil Wayne will play in Cork on July 4th

• 25-03-2011 7:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭

Following his eight month stint on the "inside" last year, Lil Wayne is ready to release new album 'Tha Carter IV' on May 13th and will follow it will a trip to Ireland to perform the new material live.

Speaking to MTV, the rapper said, "Tha Carter IV is done. All they need to do is tell Tez (manager Cortez Bryant) to stop sitting on it. Tez, stop sitting on Tha Carter IV and put the album out."

Lil Wayne will play in Cork on July 4th as part of the Live at the Marquee festival. Tickets priced €50-€59.80 go on sale next Friday April 1st at 9am.

Wayne also recently unveiled 'If I Die Today', the second song from the new album and featuring the talents of Rick Ross.

http://entertainment.ie/music/news/New-Album-Cork-Date-For-Lil-Wayne/65272.htm

Might go myself.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Bloody rediculous. I finally get around to going to the US on a J1 for the summer, and Lil Wayne decides to come to Ireland. Absolutely raging.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭GodlessInfidel

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Bloody rediculous. I finally get around to going to the US on a J1 for the summer, and Lil Wayne decides to come to Ireland. Absolutely raging.

they're both overrated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Lil Wayne In Cork...doesn't sound too appealing for some reason. Heard Drake and Nicki might be supporting?

@Mikey, I think I'd rather be living with my mates in America for the summer than seeing Wayne perform in Cork for a couple of hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

they're both overrated

In your opinion.
    PrettyBoy wrote: »
    @Mikey, I think I'd rather be living with my mates in America for the summer than seeing Wayne perform in Cork for a couple of hours.

Haha yeah, just rediculous that I go to America and he comes to Ireland. Will have to make up for it by going to as many shows in the US as I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭MikeyCdublin

What's the chances he will do Dublin if this sells

• Advertisement

What's the chances he will do Dublin if this sells

Not good, unlikely that he'll have a day to spare. Plus, this is a festival in Cork, not a stand alone show.

If he was doing the o2 and it sold out they might add an extra night but I cant see him playing in Dublin this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭johnn

So pissed off he's playing Cork and not Dublin, if it was a saturday i would have made the trip but a Monday of all days :rolleyes: Why do you all think he would play cork instead of Dublin?

What are the chances of him being added to Oxegen considering its the 3 days prior to his gig?

johnn wrote: »
    Why do you all think he would play cork instead of Dublin?
    As big as he is in the US, he isnt big enough over here to headline the countrys major festival. Hes doing Cork because he will headline that festival. Eminem and Jay-Z sell out arena tours in the US and they're music is played in Europe too so of course they can get away with headlining Oxegen. Not the case with Weezy. If he played in Dublin he would probably get the Ambassador or Olympia, no chance he would sell out the O2.

He wont get a headline slot and for that reason I dont think he will play Oxegen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭StevieG

johnn wrote: »

What are the chances of him being added to Oxegen considering its the 3 days prior to his gig?

None i'd say

different promoters and different festivals

As big as he is in the US, he isnt big enough over here to headline the countrys major festival. Hes doing Cork because he will headline that festival. Eminem and Jay-Z sell out arena tours in the US and they're music is played in Europe too so of course they can get away with headlining Oxegen. Not the case with Weezy. If he played in Dublin he would probably get the Ambassador or Olympia, no chance he would sell out the O2.

He wont get a headline slot and for that reason I dont think he will play Oxegen.

Yup

defo won't play Oxegen

he is not the headline at the Marquee either, just the big hip-hop name (previously Jay Z, Fiddy, Kanye, Snoop etc have done this slot)

• Advertisement

Doin' a rough guide to Lil Wayne on my show this evening on Corks redfm if anyones interested

http://redfm.ie 10pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

wish eminem was coming to cork. cant get tickets for v festival :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭SeanyboyQPR

rumors rife in cork that its not a genuine concert! tickets out 1st april...another red fm april fools prank maybe?

failing that do ye reckon id wanna queue up early for tickets? and would i need id? im only sixteen :/

Nope

Aiken Promotions wouldn't be paying for ads on loads of radio stations if it was a prank

http://www.aikenpromotions.com/aiken-promotions-events/lil-wayne-live-at-the-marquee-4th-july-tickets-on-sale-next-friday.html

They have previously brought Kanye, Jay Z, Snoop, Fiddy etc here with RedFM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

I'm going to be all over this. Love me a bit of Lil Wayne. Want to see Gucci, Waka and Odd Future as well at some point but I'd say that's unlikely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

you know this is going to be full of of teenagers, i wonder if the greatest rapper alive will bring out his guitar :D

Heard tix are not on sale till next week now

Cancelled

work permit difficulties strike again

ah well

Aiken Promotions regret to announce…

LIL WAYNE has been forced to cancel his European tour due to work permit difficulties in the UK.

As a result Lil Wayne has cancelled his Live at the Marquee Cork date on 4TH July.

They should try get Nikki Minaj over instead. Drake I wouldn't be much bothered in seeing.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

They should try get Nikki Minaj over instead. Drake I wouldn't be much bothered in seeing.

You could be the lucky one she picks out of the crowd for the lap dance :D

That'd be asking for trouble. I'd probably get handsy and her bouncers would knock the **** out of me.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I assume by bouncers you mean the bodyguard type and not her bum cheeks

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Overature

wouldn't he not be allowed into Ireland if he had a criminal record?

Advertisement