Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Babies movement

Options
  • 25-03-2011 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hi girls, I have a nice questions for you. I was just wondering when most first timers felt movement. We went for our 20 week scan yesterday and when I mentioned I had been feeling the baby move for the last few weeks he was surprised. He said it was very unusual to feel it before 20 or even 24 weeks for a first pregnancy.

I've been feeling it since at least 15 weeks. My partner felt it last week for the first time which was amazing. Anyway I'm just interested in knowing if any of you felt it that early too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Ayla

I felt my first preg around 18 wks and my second around 20 wks. Every preg and every woman's different, so I've heard anything from 18-22 weeks is average. No worries, babe will be so big soon that you'll be feeling him/her whether you want to or not :D

• Registered Users Posts: 41 dangerd

Hi Ayla, that's what I thought myself so I was surprised to hear him say that. I'm not worried at all. Its so nice to feel the baby move. It was strange at first to feel something moving in my belly but it makes me smile. Its so reassuring. I'm just interested to know how early others felt movement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

About 14/15 weeks for me! Best feeling ever :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

About 15 weeks for me as well!
    In saying that it is very sporadic- am 17, nearly 18 weeks now and not feeling anything too regularly!

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭LashingLady

I love when I hear male doctor's telling women that they couldn't possibly have felt their baby moving until 20-24 weeks.

I know for a fact that on my first I felt little flutters at 17 weeks and was feeling somersaults by 21 weeks. On my second it was flutters at 15 weeks and my hubby could even feel the kicks by 22-23 weeks.

I know that there are some feelings early on that some women may mistake for movement (like at 12-13 weeks) but I know of loads of women who started feeling things at 15-17 weeks and these docs really don't know what they're talking about!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Winnie

It was around 16/17 weeks for me, now I am 27 weeks and feel it everyday (and night!).......bet feeling in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 dangerd

I thought I wasn't crazy ;) . I strongly believe we know our own bodies no matter what the medics say. That baby has his fathers legs and has been letting me know about it for some time now ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭Lola18

i felt moving from about 14 15 week and proper kicks at about 26 weeks, my little fella is 4 months next saturday! All the pains and twinges are so so worth it in the end!! xx

Advertisement