Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Klipsch Image One Headphones - Problem.

• 25-03-2011 9:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭

I bought a set of Klipsch image one's off of iBood in an offer recently. Got them in the post yesterday and they sound great - with one problem, they only work with some devices.

Using them with any apple products and my Creative Zen X-fi, they work a treat but when using an older Creative Zen (circa 2009) and two Nokia phones (both less than 2 years old), I get a sort of monotone sound and the sound only sounds right when I hold down the centre button on the volume extension and microphone.

Are they faulty or is it perhaps incompatible software?
    I'm stumped anyway, need to know whether or not to send 'em back.
    Thanks guys.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

My guess would be that your older devices were made before the 4-pin earphones+mic style of headset became prevalent, and are incompatible with the jack you have.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭viv.ie

Got the Klipsch from iBood as well and I can confirm yours are not faulty.
    Works fine with my iPhone and Sony X1000 but not with my sflo dap due to the four pin plug.
    I find the sound a bit bass heavy but for 80 euros with the iControl they are great value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭BJC

Thanks guys, puts my kind at ease.

Advertisement