Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

crysis 2

• 25-03-2011 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭

hi fellow boards members. just thought i would open a crysis 2 thread here. for anyone thinking of buying the game i would recommend going out and getting it. as it was only released today i havent played it in depth but what i have played of it has been brilliant. its graphically the best game on the console imo and it looks like it is going to be a lenghty game compared to recent releases. the multiplayer is very good also, better than i imagined it would be. played with a couple of the irish guys today and it was a laugh. if any of you guys have purchased it and want to join some of us online it would be great. eire is our tag.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭quinnd6

How much is xbox 360 version of crysis 2 in Harvey Normans and Tesco?

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭da gamer

quinnd6 wrote: »
    How much is xbox 360 version of crysis 2 in Harvey Normans and Tesco?

not sure about tesco but id imagine harvey norman will be 50 at least

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Awesome game. 100% recommending it.

Great sp so far. Great mp so far too.

Love it love it love it

Awesome game. 100% recommending it.

Great sp so far. Great mp so far too.

Love it love it love it

totally agree. even though the sp is so good im hooked on the mp at the moment. game of the year so far i think with dead space 2 now in second!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Really good game, had a few mp matches earlier.Kinda like a mix of bc2 and black ops.So far haven't come across anything close to the amount of camping like you'd get in blops,which is surprising considering the stealth modes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

I'm not much of an mp player, what's the single-player campaign like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Damn, I got raped all night... They need to optimise it... I am constantly on red connection. So annoying.

Good crack but at some stage I just flipped... I felt like meat shield, allways fecking killed no matter what.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

On my first play I was blown away by the game. Delighted with it.

After a few hours of playing, it is beginning to piss me off. Enemies getting stuck behind lamp posts and stupid sh1t like that. The AI is great when its comes to combat but there are times when its just plain retarded.
    There's loads of talk about doing missions your own way but then it boils down to it you got two options. Shoot the sh1t outta everything or else just hide. Nothing new here.

Graphically the games looks sweet but if im honest im a little bit disappointed.

Gonna continue with an open mind as I am still only progressing through a few of the earlier missions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

The single player campaign is gonna be a lot longer than any of the recent COD's that's for sure. I'm absolutely loving it so far. The multiplayer is great so far too. No problems with connections for me, I've had minimum 3 bar connections on it all day :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭tricolorbob1987

is the story good cause i dont know wether to get this or dragon age 2? (im not looking for good multiplayer , i like storys more ;) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Go crysis 2.I actually traded dragon age 2 for it. Dragon age 2 is good but not as much replayability as origins as you only have 3 classes to choose from compared to the different races and classes in origins.As well, you're basically in the same area the whole time so after the first play through which I had done in less than a week,I couldn't bring myself to play it again.Definitely worth a rent ,cause the story is good, but it feels more like a bridge between origins and part 3.
    On the other hand I reckon you could play through crysis 2 on the harder levels almost instantly after completion and as well the multiplayer offers more playability.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭johnnygman

Went in to buy it in extra vision they only had 1 rental copy. I'm now on very last level and will not be buying. It is a good game but AI is shocking and repetitive. Would give it 8/10 good effort and something different in fairness. suit is badass in fairness :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

All discussion pertaining to individual games should be held on the appropriate thread in the Games forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭johnnygman

FutureGuy wrote: »
    All discussion pertaining to individual games should be held on the appropriate thread in the Games forum.

Bit petty to come along so long after everyone else and post that :eek:

FutureGuy wrote: »

i dont unerstand this? i dont see the problem can you explain please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Why double up on the same topic is the point. Crysis 2 already has it's own dedicated thread long before the game was released.

Same with any game that already has it's own threads. Why clutter up other forums needlessly.

Simples really.

Why double up on the same topic is the point. Crysis 2 already has it's own dedicated thread long before the game was released.

Same with any game that already has it's own threads. Why clutter up other forums needlessly.

Simples really.

as "simples" as it is to spell?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

There is a forum specifically for the discussion of individual games. You can find it here.

A decision was made to move all discussion pertaining to individual games to a single forum. It was felt that, for multi-platform games, there was no point in having multiple threads across all console forums.

Johnnygman, be advised that insulting/questioning a mod can be punished. Consider this a warning regarding future conduct.

Thread locked

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement