Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vespa PX125 - 2 Stroke Oil Petrol Mixture

• 25-03-2011 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hoping someone can help me. What's the ratio of 2 stroke oil should I add to the petrol. It's a 1982 Vespa PX125.

Thanks.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Uncle Rico wrote: »
    Hoping someone can help me. What's the ratio of 2 stroke oil should I add to the petrol. It's a 1982 Vespa PX125.

Thanks.

2%

2% is 200ml to 10 L then shake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

i seen handy little mixing bottles out in b and q for the two stroke mixing,,had all the measurements on them like ya see on a mixing jug ,,well worth the 4 quid for the peace of mind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

2%

what i do is buy 100ml bottles that are pre measured to do 5l of petrol, i usually buy one or 2 and keep re using them to measure everytime i fill up with 5l or 10l

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Uncle Rico

Thanks for all of the replies.
    One other (probably obvious) question? Should it be mixed with leaded or unleaded petrol?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

Uncle Rico wrote: »
    Thanks for all of the replies.
    One other (probably obvious) question? Should it be mixed with leaded or unleaded petrol?

Can you still get Leaded Petrol? I though Lead Replacement Petrol was the only option - and I'd say that's hard to find!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

The lead in leaded is used to protect the valve seats
    Two strokes don't have that sort of engine they use a different arrangement so you should be fine on unleaded

Advertisement