Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Weak signal on opticum receiver.

• 25-03-2011 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hello,
    I got a satellite dish and aerial fitted so I can watch free to air and RTE. The dish has a quad lnb so I can have receivers in four rooms. There is a power point in the attic with a little black box plugged in, a white cable, looks like coax. runs from the box out to the dish and aerial. Four cables run back in to the attic and feed my four rooms, so there must be something that connects the aerial cable and satellite dish on the roof so the signal for both is sent down the one cable.
    My problem is, I keep getting 'no signal' or 'weak signal' breaking up on the receivers. It breaks up more often on the one furthest away from the dish. Given that the house was pre-wired with coax. and not satellite cable and they connected to that, I thought maybe I was loosing signal over the long run of cable. I fitted an amplifier to the line which did reduce (not eliminate) the amount of breaking up but now my RTE which had got perfect reception, now is snowy.
    Any ideas on how I can fix this would be really helpful.

Advertisement