Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Holiday in the Gaeltacht?

• 25-03-2011 10:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭

Dia dhaiobh go léir.

Lately I've been thinking of what it would be like to go to the Gaeltacht for a holiday for a week or two.My Irish is not fluent but I'd say I'd have enough to survive.It would be more of a break rather than an educational trip but no doubt my Irish would improve after going there.

Would anybody have a rough idea of how much it would cost in total?And also any other extra information and advice at all would be gratefully welcomed.

Go raibh míle maith agaibh.

Siúl leat, siúl leat, le dóchas i do chroí, is ní shiúlfaidh tú i d'aonar go deo.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 476 ✭✭Nuggles

That's a fairly broad question.

I mean, what kinda accommodation would you want? What would you wanna do? Big difference in staying in a hostel or B&B and a hotel. Or a scenic tour and a golf holiday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

Nuggles wrote: »
    That's a fairly broad question.

I mean, what kinda accommodation would you want? What would you wanna do? Big difference in staying in a hostel or B&B and a hotel. Or a scenic tour and a golf holiday.

Truthfully and honestly,I'm an absolute novice when it comes to travelling.I've never stayed anywhere outside my hometown,apart from staying with relatives in Co.Cork.This would explain my lack of knowledge.

How would B&B and hostel prices compare to hotel costs?I've also heard that accommodation is offered in farmhouses-and being originally from the countryside,I'd probably love that

Siúl leat, siúl leat, le dóchas i do chroí, is ní shiúlfaidh tú i d'aonar go deo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 476 ✭✭Nuggles

Google is your best friend to be honest.

But you need to figure out what you wanna do for your holiday, where you wanna stay, what to do, etc.

This thread might be more suited in a travel forum.

http://www.gaelsaoire.ie/aboutgaelsaoire

Advertisement