Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

student assistance fund

Options
  • 25-03-2011 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭

Hey, I was just wondering when can you apply for the student assistance fund and how does it work? I'm going on Erasmus next semester and I know i'd be eligible for funding if it exists. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

This will be under review over the summer. The new Welfare Officer, Tara, and SU staff will have to liaise with the Access Office to see if it is viable for the SU to continue administering it as it has taken a disproportionate and fragmented amount of my time since September and did until about 4 weeks ago.

If the SU can find a way to do it it may be in the first semester with a payment in the second semester, but otherwise it would be February, and payment closer to end of year exams.

It's a horribly long process.

The amounts aren't high...max €400.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭tazbars

ninty9er wrote: »
    This will be under review over the summer. The new Welfare Officer, Tara, and SU staff will have to liaise with the Access Office to see if it is viable for the SU to continue administering it as it has taken a disproportionate and fragmented amount of my time since September and did until about 4 weeks ago.

If the SU can find a way to do it it may be in the first semester with a payment in the second semester, but otherwise it would be February, and payment closer to end of year exams.

It's a horribly long process.

The amounts aren't high...max €400.

Thanks for getting back to me :) does that mean I will have to wait to apply in September and if so can i apply from abroad? Also I went into SU last week and they told me that the fund was gone, did they mean just for this year or completely?

Advertisement