Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foo Fighters On The Big Screen

Options
  • 26-03-2011 1:21am
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,954 Mod ✭✭✭✭

FOO FIGHTERS BACK AND FORTH chronicles the 16 year history of the Foo Fighters: from the band's very first songs created as cassette demos Dave Grohl recorded during his tenure as Nirvana's drummer, through its ascent to their Grammy-winning, multi-platinum, arena and stadium headlining status as one of the biggest rock bands on the planet.

Produced by Nigel Sinclair (No Direction Home: Bob Dylan, Amazing Journey the Story of the Who, The Last Play at Shea) of Exclusive Media Group's Spitfire Pictures, and produced and directed by Oscar(r) and Emmy(r) winner James Moll, FOO FIGHTERS BACK AND FORTH culminates with the making of the band's new album Wasting Light: a process in which the band pushed itself forward by going fully back to basics and recording in Grohl's garage completely on analog tape. No computers, no software - just a band recording an album to tape in a garage. The new record also marks the Foos' first full-length effort with legendary producer Butch Vig, with whom Grohl worked on Nirvana's classic album Nevermind.

"...the documentary film, serve{s} as a great reminder why the Foos deserve to be ranked among the world's greatest rock bands. For proof, check out Back and Forth." -- Jim Harrington, San Jose Mercury News

FOO FIGHTERS BACK AND FORTH will be followed by a filmed performance from the band, playing their new album Wasting Light front to back.

Apr-07 Dublin Ireland 8.00pm Cineworld Dublin

Apr-07 Athlone Ireland 8.00pm IMC Athlone

Apr-07 Dun Laoghaire Ireland 8.00pm IMC Dun Laoghaire

Apr-07 Cork Ireland 8.00pm Omniplex Cork

Apr-07 Derry Ireland 8.00pm Omniplex Derry

Apr-07 Galway Ireland 8.00pm Omniplex Galway

Apr-07 Belfast Ireland 8.00pm Omniplex Kennedy

Apr-07 Limerick Ireland 8.00pm Omniplex Limerick

Apr-07 Wexford Ireland 8.00pm Omniplex Wexford

Apr-07 Dublin Ireland 8.00pm Swan Cinemas Rathmines

Apr-07 Dundrum Ireland 8.00pm Movies@Dundrum

Apr-07 Swords Ireland 8.00pm Movies@Swords

Apr-07 Gorey Ireland 8.00pm Movies@Gorey

Apr-07 Dungarvan Ireland 8.00pm SGC Dungarvan

Apr-07 Castlebar Ireland 8.00pm Mayo Movie World

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 ni4979

Booked my tickets and I can't wait to see it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Only one man's opinion I know but

http://ie.movies.ign.com/articles/115/1155957p1.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭HBK

Where do you book tickets guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

Id say if you go to the cinema, is it not? :confused:

oh cant wait for this! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Swords says tickets not yet available =/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Looking forward to this too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

might head to dundrum on wed, any boardsies in the area?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Tickets booked :D

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭R0C

Huge amount of problems with the American cinemas showing this last night (check out the foo fighters postboard for more), the screening had to be given up on in a huge amount of American cinemas..

I'm hoping they can get this right in Ireland, hopefully our cinemas have been given hard copies of the documentary, and are made aware of the problems in the US, but I can't find any contact info for my cinema (Castlebar) to find out more.

Let's hope Irish cinemas are made aware of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

We have tickets too.

I was just reading the american forum there and they were saying about the streaming of the concert after the documentary, is that happening here too?

Or are we just getting the documentary?

• Advertisement

As far as I know, we'll be getting the streaming of the concert too after the documentary (crossing fingers it works - unlike the US!).

Oh yay!! I didnt know about the performance part. I assume it will be a recording of the actual live one from America, I doubt they would do it again live for another country? Least that way it might actually work.

Ive been trying to ring swords for ages to check but no one is answering.

The reason it was streamed in the US is because it was a one-day only release and too costly to send out hard copies for a one off. Now, as we and the UK are also a one-day release, I hope it's not being handled the same way here, i.e. us picking up a stream from the UK or something.

Let us know if you manage to get through to the cinema.

Really looking forward to this tonight :)

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

I see VH-1 in the states is showing the documentary on Friday. Any news on the version over here doing the same?

Ive still not been able to get through to the cinema to ask.

Im think maybe it will be streamed too, as I dont know if there would be enough time to get hard copies sent out to all the cinema's, especially if the live performance was only filmed a couple of nights ago?

Or maybe I'm wrong, who knows!

anyone going to dundrum tonight?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,954 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Cant wait heading to Cineworld in Parnell Square later on

That was great. Fantastic show and then the cinema cranked up the volume for the live performance which was superb.

Sound did drop out for 2 seconds though :(

Brilliant show! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

Loved every minute of it. Sound dropped in Dungarvan too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Sound dropped alot in Swords, and one speaker was about half a second behind the whole time. Really annoying. But good film and great performance

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,954 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Really enjoyed the whole thing. Im glad they didnt spend to long on Nirvana subject . Great film and the cinema was packed which made it that much better cant wait for the album and Milton Keynes and Oxegen

I wish Swords had turned up the volume abit, but then that probably would have made the delay between the two speakers more noticeable, so maybe thats why they didnt.

Still enjoyed it though, it was great :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

The sound in Dundrum for the live performance was awful, we (along with many others) ended up leaving half way through the album :mad: Really enjoyed the documentary though!

Was sold out everywhere i went :(

The documentary was being shown on digital prints in Ireland.

The live performance was via satellite in 2D, as opposed to America where it was broadcast in 3D.

A couple of second-long audio dropouts experienced in Castlebar during Dear Rosemary and a couple of other songs during the live performance (a repeat of the one shown in the US two days ago). Otherwise, audio was top class throughout and documentary was fantastic, very enjoyable!

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭dutch1

Went to Cineworld, It was excellent performance of the album was savage, really enjoyed it. Looking forward to getting the album & seeing them in Oslo !!

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Doctor_Socks

Was great in Galway, was waiting for an hour thinking it would be packed. Was waiting outside the screen it was being shown in talkin to friends for a few minutes and out of nowhere a massive queue formed behind us in a matter of minutes!

Was a great documentary and the sound quality of the show afterwards was pretty good after the first song when Daves voice decided to appear!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

Loved it! :D
    Really great to have the album performances at the end, great surprise! :)

Advertisement