Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeating FYP

Options
  • 26-03-2011 2:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭

Hi,

I think i've made a bit of a balls of my final year project, pretty much nothing done at the moment. My own fault I know.

I'm wondering what are my options re repeating the FYP next year.
    Will I have to pay full fees for a semester or something?

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭mayo_lad

paddywroks wrote: »
    Hi,

I think i've made a bit of a balls of my final year project, pretty much nothing done at the moment. My own fault I know.

I'm wondering what are my options re repeating the FYP next year.
    Will I have to pay full fees for a semester or something?

Thanks for any help.

hi as always you should talk to aoife finnerty the education officer in the su about this she has a thread on this board or you can email her on here sueducation@ul.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭paddywroks

cheers, I'll send her off an e-mail.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭paddywroks

Out of office till friday :(

Anyone here ever had to repeat the FYP?

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭marxcoo

Don't knowo what the deal is in UL but I did my undergrad in UCC and I know of a couple of people who got extensions on their FYP because they made a balls of their first attempts at it. I think they had to hand it in over the Summer. Might be a similar case in UL if you plead your case well- your supervisor should be helping you out though

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭lorcanthrope

marxcoo wrote: »
    Don't knowo what the deal is in UL but I did my undergrad in UCC and I know of a couple of people who got extensions on their FYP because they made a balls of their first attempts at it. I think they had to hand it in over the Summer. Might be a similar case in UL if you plead your case well- your supervisor should be helping you out though

Hey there,

I made a balls of my FYP last year and realised I wouldn't be able to hand anything substantial in. I went to my supervisor, had a chat with him and made it clear that I wouldn't be finished at any point in the near future. Now I was lucky enough that he was understanding about it - and I got it deferred until the winter grading (meaning I had to hand it in by November). It's also possible in some cases to get it deferred until June/July and thus qualify for the August gradings. However your supervisor and departments discretion in this cannot be overemphasised. Hope you're as lucky as I was (since I'm now a graduate heading into a job!)

• Advertisement
Advertisement