Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Struggling to keep a girl interested

Options
  • 26-03-2011 2:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm 18 and I was wondering do any of you kind people have any input into my problem.

It seems that any girl I'm into,and is into me just seems to lose interest after a certain period of time. It's very weird because things seem to be going well and then all of a sudden out of nowhere it just implodes.

It's happened a good number of times in the last few months,one time with a girl I met up with a few times and we seemed to be getting on well. And another time with a girl that seemed to be quite interested in me. We went on a first date, and I was feeling sick that day so wasn't even looking or feeling that good..was surprised when she actually asked me did I want to do something a few days later and then out of nowhere,she loses interest.

One other girl I was half seeing about September last year just lost interest aswell, although now whenever I see her she always comes up to me and seems to be interested again. It just really ******* confuses me, honest to god.

It seems to be a problem for me and I'm genuinely worried I'll never get a girlfriend at this rate. I was a late developer in terms of the fairer sex as until I was near enough 18 I would NEVER approach any girl in an appropriate manner, I was too scared. Although, I don't claim to be the best looking lad I do attract a fair share of attention even if some of it is only for one night and they won't really be interested beyond that.

I would appreciate any girls or guys advice on this or what I seem to be doing wrong or any ideas on what it could be. Its really annoying me as I like some of these girls that are losing interest and I've no idea why. It seems to be a pattern I don't know how to break and next time I have a chance with a girl that I'm interested in I'd like to keep her interest too. I'm a nice guy, I'm never mean to them, its just strange.

Sorry for the long post but this is annoying me.
    Help appreciated,
    Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Take up juggling.

To be serious though, maybe the girls you've mentioned just don't want to get into a serious relationship?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Just be yourself, make her laugh. Apparently, 98% of girls want a guy to be funny.

That's a load of crap, it's clearly 100%. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭A19B1C12

I am being myself. Completely. It's so confusing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Girls like guys who eat the girls food, make them clean their clothes and you have to be really mean. apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

can you give any clues as to how you behave on a date?

• Advertisement

As I usually do...like I'd pay for it if we were getting something to eat or going cinema or anything like that and I don't try and awkwardly manouver romantic situations.

Like a fair bit of talking and stuff.

Y'no

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

ok two thoughts spring to mind

1) who does the talking? how much listening do you do?

2) what do you talk about

I try to do a bit of talking,maybe a bit too much and I'm not too sure really, anything she seems interested in.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

Nope. I definately have no input into your situation.

But, YOURE 18 FFS!!!!!!!!!!!! This is going to happen to you maybe 2,3, or 1000 more times in your life. Get used to it! You're not a late developer, 18 is the right age for such things. What age do you think you should have started "developing" at? And when a girl does to you, so what? Fcuk her, move on, get someone better.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Dude; it's all part of the rich tapestry of life. I was that age and couldn't fathom why my luck with girls was meh.

But suddenly, it happened. Good things, good relationships. Sure, until I met the wife they didn't last that long but there you go. You get a handle on things and go from there.

Now I'm in my 40s and I still manage to attract the occasional admirer - not that I would act on it but it's kinda flattering.

Your moment will come & sure there will be heartache again from time to time but trust me - the best years are ahead of you :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Don't go to the cinema on a first date.

You have to give her time to get to know you.

I reckon a food place would be perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Six of One

Don't over think it OP, you'll be too self conscious and awkward then and will never get it right. Be yourself, keep doing what you're doing and you will find someone you click with. I'm sure you're not doing anything wrong, that just the way it goes sometimes.

Advertisement