Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Living away from home allowance

Options
  • 26-03-2011 4:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

I am currently on a WHV and getting LAFHA. I am in the process of getting sponsored and just wondering how LAFHA works from the point of view of being sponsorship thats if i'm even entitled to it at all.

Cheers

Jockey

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭csm

Assuming you're going to be on a 457 then you'll still be entitled to LAFHA. That only changes when you end up on a visa that leads to permanent residency. For example if you applied for a partner visa while you're there then you would no longer be eligible for LAFHA.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Missy86

I'm in Oz on a 1 year WH visa , I'm in full time employment but its through an agency...am I entitled to the allowance?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Missy86 wrote: »
    I'm in Oz on a 1 year WH visa , I'm in full time employment but its through an agency...am I entitled to the allowance?

Yes, but it is up to your employer only - you can't claim it, only your employer can give it to you - ask them

Advertisement