Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amon Amarth Surtur Rising

Options
  • 26-03-2011 4:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭

I just bought the digipac of this album in HMV in the square today for €15, and I have to say it's a really an outstanding metal album. It's much much better than 'Twilight of The Thunder God' because it's got a lot more standout songs, and it's also much more interesting, memorable and varied. 'Twilight of The Thunder God' had only three major standout songs for me, and they were'Twilight Of The Thunder God, Varyags of Miklagaard, Embrace of the Endless Ocean' and the excellent title song. Thankfully 'Surtur Rising' has a heck of a lot more standout songs. I definitely think that 'Toeck s Taunt, Slaves Of Fear, The Last Stand Of Frej, For Victory Or Death, War Of The Gods, Live Without Regrets, A Beast Am I and Doom Over Dead Man' are the most impressive songs. 'Destroyer Of The Universe' is quite good, but just not as class as the other songs. So has anybody bought it yet, and what do you think of it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

While Amon Amarth are enjoyable I do find a lot of their stuff to be kind of "samey". A lot of songs sound too similar really. Having said that I'll probably still check this out anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Under A Funeral Moon

I bought it a few weeks ago. I agree that the album is outstanding. War of the Gods, Destroyer of the Universe, Wrath of the Norsemen, A Beast Am I and Doom Over Dead Man are my favourite songs from the album. It's not their best album, but it's still amazing. They never disappoint.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

How does it compare to With Oden on our Side? That album is one of my personal favourites, and while Twilight isn't bad, I was a bit disappointed with it. It was more of a grower though

• Registered Users Posts: 16,834 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

I didn't really like their last album, it had no standout songs at all. I hope this one is a return to form.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Nephilim Wolf

I didn't really like their last album, it had no standout songs at all. I hope this one is a return to form.

Not even an incredible song like 'Embrace of The Endless Ocean'?
    Dr.Poca wrote: »
    How does it compare to With Oden on our Side? That album is one of my personal favourites, and while Twilight isn't bad, I was a bit disappointed with it. It was more of a grower though

It's actually just as great as 'With Oden on our Side'. And like I said its much better than 'Twilight of The Thunder God' with much more standouts and far better riffs and much more memorable as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,834 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Not even an incredible song like 'Embrace of The Endless Ocean'?

Afraid not Nephilim Wolf.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

The fact I even forgot about 'Twilight of the Thunder God' says enough.

This one is very good though, several great songs.

Advertisement