Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New traffic lights and turning roundabout into junction nightmare

Options
  • 26-03-2011 4:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone in Naas noticed traffic lights at Monread/Racecourse/Dublin road?
    Left for several months, never seen them working (which is good, probably)...
    They put some extra money in new set of lights, at Mountain View, where I live, and they aren't working too, so far. Another one is an ex-mini roundabout, that I have never had problem with, after Centra (Hazelmere), that has been turned into controlled junction, and traffic lights are working there, bringing chaos to everyone. Few extra pedestrian crossing with lights, off course, on the way there, and here is the question: Anyone in Naas is happy about this, because for me waste of money and resources is the most polite answer to that question! Here is one link I found, that makes me laugh if you take Mountain View Population into account (I mean number of cars leaving/entering estate).

http://www.leinsterleader.ie/news/local/blessington_road_traffic_monitored_1_1938402

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭DWCommuter

The absolute glory of KCC and don't forget the little stretch of the Clane - Kilcock road that is still a building site nearly 4 months later! And its merely a slight realignment and surfacing job.:rolleyes:

As for the lights near Monread, whats wrong with mini roundabouts or have we completely caved in to the haphazard driving skills in Ireland? Both Ashgrove and Kingsfurze don't need lights either. (mini roundabouts could solve it in a traffic calming fashion) This stretch is actually contributing to congestion rather than alleviating it.

While I'm in the mood, who came up with the bright idea of extensive landscaping of the roundabout at the junction of the Dublin road and Monread road? Visibility is poor and its an accident waiting to happen. This is basic ****. Of course lane usage at the approach (despite clear road markings) is still a considerable problem for the "average Irish motorist".:D

Dublin bound? Use the ****ing right hand lane. It clearly states N7 Northbound.

THANK YOU AND GOODNIGHT.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

DWCommuter wrote: »
    Dublin bound? Use the ****ing right hand lane. It clearly states N7 Northbound.

.;)

But I'm going Eastbound :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭DWCommuter

sandin wrote: »
    But I'm going Eastbound :D:D

Technically it North East, but officially designated as north bound.;)

Advertisement