Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing Eircom original Netopia router to Belkin

Options
  • 26-03-2011 9:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭

Hi
    i need to change a router in my friends house. He has the router that came in the package (navy netopia i presume). One of his laptops is dropping signal constantly (laptop working fine in other wifi networks). so i think that he wifi card doesnt want to cooperate with the router. i have a spare router that i can give him (belkin f5d7231-4). He has connection via phone line and the filter 738438.jpgWhat-does-ADSL-filter-do-2.gif. does this router fit the setup? and most importantly - will it work with automatic settings or do i need to input the gateways, dns etc or can i leave to automatically obtain?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Don't bother, Belkin make some utter shíte routers. Login and change wireless channel on the existing router, its most likely wireless interferance

Advertisement