Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Chevrolet Aveo

Options
  • 26-03-2011 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 47

I was thinking of buying a Chevrolet Aveo, seems like alot of car for around 9,000 euro approx. Please advise, what do you recommend?

Wess

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Last time I checked, the aveo was a relative death trap with a 1 star ncap rating.
    There's a new model for 2011 but I get the feeling the one for sale is the half baked Daewoo kalos that's been facelifted and renamed 3 times now.

Better options out there

Ncap result:
    http://www.euroncap.com/tests/chevrolet_aveo_2006/250.aspx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

Wess wrote: »
    I was thinking of buying a Chevrolet Aveo, seems like alot of car for around 9,000 euro approx. Please advise, what do you recommend?

Wess
    I always wondered who bought and drove them. There are far better cars for that kind of money.

What are your needs, car requirements and budget

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Wess

budget is 10,000 max, needs= reliability, going to hold on to it for along while, hate changing my car!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

Wess wrote: »
    budget is 10,000 max, needs= reliability, going to hold on to it for along while, hate changing my car!

I assume you are looking for a used car at that budget

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

I would say don't get an aveo, you would be much better served by the likes of an Aygo which will be had for under 10k. They are a much better drive and will be worth something in 5 years time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Op is looking at a new car on scrappage based on other threads.

Hyundai i10 def worth a look with 5 year warranty and 5 year roadside assist.

Advertisement