Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Physicist

Options
  • 26-03-2011 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 42

I am currently finishing my degree in physics and have been offered a place on a masters program in medical physics in NUIG. I am just wondering what the job description for a physicist in medicine would be?

I found the following online

"Physicists in medicine are individuals who oversee the application and use of radioactive material used to treat cancer patients. They monitor that radiation therapy is being performed accurately, that diseases are being diagnosed properly, and that healthcare facilities are staying in compliance with regulations. Demand for physicists in medicine is growing substantially, as newer technologies require their presence."

Would someone be able to tell me if this is an accurate description of the job?

Comments

Advertisement