Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What did you ask for?

Options
  • 26-03-2011 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭

What Christmas present did you ask for even plead for but never got?

For me as a kid it was the "Johnny Seven Gun"

Seems like a few people liked them too:

http://www.stuffwelove.co.uk/johnny_seven.htm

*sigh* Missed chances eh?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Not for Christmas, just regular all year round nagging :D

To my shame I have to admit that as a little boy I nagged my mother to buy me bellbottom Jeans and platform shoes.

To my mothers shame, I have to admit that she eventually gave in (in her excuse ..it was pretty difficult to get "normal" clothes those days)

To my even greater shame I have to admit that I wore them with pride. :o

Thankfully no photographic evidence exists

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

A pogo stick. Everybody in the English comics had one but they couldn't be got here for love or money.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

peasant wrote: »
    Not for Christmas, just regular all year round nagging :D

To my shame I have to admit that as a little boy I nagged my mother to buy me bellbottom Jeans and platform shoes.

To my mothers shame, I have to admit that she eventually gave in (in her excuse ..it was pretty difficult to get "normal" clothes those days)

To my even greater shame I have to admit that I wore them with pride. :o

Thankfully no photographic evidence exists

No shame involved... I was old enough to buy them for myself and I bought 'loons' with 28" bottoms. Bright green and yellow, and back then I had a 28" waist too. *sigh* As for platforms I had a pair with 4" soles.

Must be something to do with the song "Dedicated Follower of fashion":D

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭transit260

any of the ladies from pasha.co.uk:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

Boys got coal..

Me on the otherhand When I was 6 :)..I got the best Santy present ever with a Crolly Doll. Her name was Linda! Next year I got Annette..Ok Santy I only love Linda!

And yes! I still have them..and my Golly I got when I was 4.

Golly's another story ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

Nunchucks.

I got a kind of plasticky toy set of ninja toys instead. I was 8 though so I can see where my parent were coming from.

A lot of showing off with nunchucks ended up on "you've been framed". The men who appeared in these videos probably got 250 quid but will never have kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,664 ✭✭✭policarp

Pleaded for pet white mice but never got them from my parents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

A Red Ryder carbine-action, 200-shot, range model air rifle BB gun with a compass in the stock, and this thing which tells time.

Everyone told me I'd shoot my eye out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Banjara

...... and did you get it, and if so, presumably your eye is still intact! :)

I asked for a horse, and got a bleedin' 'My Little Pony' kit (or whatever it was back then before the day) and much to my parents' delight -or was this a clever ruse on their part because it so tacky and horrendous? never made the request again

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Daisy2010

Mr. Frosty.......:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭nesbitt

A yellow chopper bike!

My friends had those bikes and I never got one. Santy just didn't deliver!

I still remember feeling so hard done by with my older sisters hand me down bike.:o:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Most years I asked for a Sindy of some kind or other. I remember every one:). I also asked for annuals and a selection box. Everything else I happened to get was a surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

Tin Can Alley shooting game

never got it

still, fingers crossed, if Im a good boy this year........... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Bearhunter

BBDBB wrote: »
    Tin Can Alley shooting game

Man I still want me one of them. It looked like the coolest thing on earth in the ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

This lego technic set from 1990

8094allsmall.jpg

It made it as far as the tills in toys'r'us.

:(

Oh, and a hamster or a gerbal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

nesbitt wrote: »
    A yellow chopper bike!

My friends had those bikes and I never got one. Santy just didn't deliver!

I still remember feeling so hard done by with my older sisters hand me down bike.:o:)

Me too Brother :D (except a red chopper)

My parents probably couldn't afford it but still I hoped :(

I saw an original one in very good nick 10/15 years ago in a bike shop, I thought strongly about buying it :)

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

A go kart, not a pedal one, a proper one, 125cc to be exact..

The small fact that they cost a bloody fortune back then (and still do to be honest) and it being the height of the 80's recession didnt seem to deter me, I still wanted one..

I was a complete speed freak since I was a toddler (no, not the drug!!!), was obsessed with speed and anything that has the ability to go fast, no fear of it and still don't to this day, though I save it for the track.. :D

Never got one though :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Gigantic Keith Moon drum kit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Namle

A Crossfire game. Begged for about three years for birthday and Christmas. Then one year I sneaked into the attic when my parents were out and found one hidden up there. I couldn't wait for Christmas morning. I was gutted, it turned out my parents were hiding presents for our neighbours.

Advertisement