Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Chrome Plug-ins Crashing

Options
  • 26-03-2011 11:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭

Anybody else having problems with plug-ins crashing in Chrome (running Win XP)?

The Flash plug-in and Google Gears plug in seem to constantly crash on the netbook I use. But I have also noticed it happen on my desktop machine.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

Not seeing any problems myself.

Can you post specs etc

• Registered Users Posts: 39 scoobyjack

Yup, Chrome started crashing constantly a few weeks ago for me on XP. Bloody annoying.

It's often due to Flash, but sometimes it seems to just happen when clicking on a link to open in a new tab.

I've tried installing the Beta version and the stable version, both with the same issues.

Having no such problems on Chrome for Mac OSX or Windows 7 (64bit).

make sure you are running Version 11 of Chrome. As far as i know Flash is built in with Chrome so the standalone version on your computer does not matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

I'm running version 10 on a Advent Netbook - Win XP Home version.

When I tried updating Chrome before it said I had the latest version. Is v11 only recent?

Sorry my mistake. V11 is a beta version

I would try to run chrome without any extensions. Do into incognito mode and try some of the standard flash sites. Try some of the sites listed here. http://www.ebizmba.com/articles/best-flash-sites

If you have no crashes it would point to a problem with one of the extensions.

• Advertisement
Advertisement