Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blatant safety hazard

Options
  • 26-03-2011 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    I've walked by this a number of times and been surprised it has still been let there, and the last time I just had to take a photo. It's a bollard that has been cut away, but they've left a stump of it right at a corner where anyone could easily walk by and trip over. It's far enough in to the path that you have to actually avoid it when walking.

In Google street view here you can actually see the bollard that used to be there.

Who would one get on to about this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Dublin City Council I'd guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

Your best bet would be to get the Health and Safety Authority to raise the issue with DCC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

LoCall: 1890 289 389 (between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday)
    Email: wcu@hsa.ie
    Head Office:
    The Metropolitan Building
    James Joyce Street
    Dublin 1
    Directions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Gerry Asstrix

Dublin City council

But if your really clever you could stage a phoney falling get a minor injury and go to a solicitor and get a massive claim for such negligance on the councils behalf(*disclaimer-I say this in jest, Im not promoting it lol)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Only walked past that last night actually, dodgy aul thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭ollaetta

DCC have an online "Report It" page: http://www.dublincity.ie/YourCouncil/Pages/isupport.aspx

Not the most user friendly but better than nothing, I suppose.

Advertisement